London Fields Lido floodlighting will allow extended hours during winter
- Credit: Archant
Poolside floodlighting could be installed at London Fields Lido after swimmers complained about its reduced opening hours during the darker winter months.
The heated outdoor pool has been much in demand since reopening in 2006 after a public campaign, and last year over 198,000 people used the pool off Richmond Road.
Hackney Council and social enterprise leisure group GLL, which runs the pool, are consulting on plans to install the floodlighting, which they say has been “carefully selected” to minimise potential light pollution.
They have promised to schedule quieter activities like lane swimming and lessons will for the hours during the operation of the lights.
Immediate neighbours and “key users” of the pool have been invited to view the proposals and have their say at a meeting early next month.
Two further public drop-in exhibitions will be held on Wednesday February 19 from 3pm to 7pm and Thursday February 20 from 4pm to 8pm in London Fields Lido.
A council spokesman said: “Residents’ feedback will be taken into account during the project planning process and will influence the eventual planning application.”
- 1 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 4 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 5 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 6 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 7 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 8 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 9 Teenage girls arrested after incident in Kingsland High Street
- 10 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
Anyone who is unable to attend the meeting can send their questions or comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.