London Fields Lido floodlighting will allow extended hours during winter
- Credit: Archant
Poolside floodlighting could be installed at London Fields Lido after swimmers complained about its reduced opening hours during the darker winter months.
The heated outdoor pool has been much in demand since reopening in 2006 after a public campaign, and last year over 198,000 people used the pool off Richmond Road.
Hackney Council and social enterprise leisure group GLL, which runs the pool, are consulting on plans to install the floodlighting, which they say has been “carefully selected” to minimise potential light pollution.
They have promised to schedule quieter activities like lane swimming and lessons will for the hours during the operation of the lights.
Immediate neighbours and “key users” of the pool have been invited to view the proposals and have their say at a meeting early next month.
You may also want to watch:
Two further public drop-in exhibitions will be held on Wednesday February 19 from 3pm to 7pm and Thursday February 20 from 4pm to 8pm in London Fields Lido.
A council spokesman said: “Residents’ feedback will be taken into account during the project planning process and will influence the eventual planning application.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 5 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 6 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 7 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
Anyone who is unable to attend the meeting can send their questions or comments by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.