London Fields lido reopening pushed back again
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited reopening of the London Fields lido has been delayed because the contractors have not finished the work.
The popular pool shut in April so major work could be done to fix the crumbling tiles, with the town hall also taking the opportunity to give the changing rooms and reception area a makeover.
It was meant to open again in “late summer” but delays pushed the date back until the end of this month.
But now the town hall has revealed it will be closed for an unknown period of time while work is finished.
Community service chief Cllr Jon Burke said: “This further delay is incredibly frustrating, but I need the work to be completed to the highest possible standard and am not prepared to accept anything less. I would like to apologise to everyone who was looking forward to using the pool on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Test results to determine what caused the tiles to crumble were also set to be returned this month, but have not been received yet.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared