London Fields lido reopening pushed back again
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited reopening of the London Fields lido has been delayed because the contractors have not finished the work.
The popular pool shut in April so major work could be done to fix the crumbling tiles, with the town hall also taking the opportunity to give the changing rooms and reception area a makeover.
It was meant to open again in “late summer” but delays pushed the date back until the end of this month.
But now the town hall has revealed it will be closed for an unknown period of time while work is finished.
Community service chief Cllr Jon Burke said: “This further delay is incredibly frustrating, but I need the work to be completed to the highest possible standard and am not prepared to accept anything less. I would like to apologise to everyone who was looking forward to using the pool on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Test results to determine what caused the tiles to crumble were also set to be returned this month, but have not been received yet.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12