London Fields lido reopening pushed back again
- Credit: Archant
The long-awaited reopening of the London Fields lido has been delayed because the contractors have not finished the work.
The popular pool shut in April so major work could be done to fix the crumbling tiles, with the town hall also taking the opportunity to give the changing rooms and reception area a makeover.
It was meant to open again in “late summer” but delays pushed the date back until the end of this month.
But now the town hall has revealed it will be closed for an unknown period of time while work is finished.
Community service chief Cllr Jon Burke said: “This further delay is incredibly frustrating, but I need the work to be completed to the highest possible standard and am not prepared to accept anything less. I would like to apologise to everyone who was looking forward to using the pool on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Test results to determine what caused the tiles to crumble were also set to be returned this month, but have not been received yet.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust