London Marathon: Hackney mum to make debut in cycling fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A mum who takes her family down to the Isle of Dogs to watch London Marathon runners every year won’t be able to this weekend – because she’s taking part.
Keen runner Tanya Addison, who grew up in Hackney, will be among the thousands racing, while her partner and two children will be spurring her on.
The IT consultant will be running for the first time to raise money for two cycling causes close to a couple of her friends.
She is supporting Pedal Power, a cycling club for people with learning difficulties, founded by Jo Roach. Tanya was initially fundraising for a new and much-needed £2,000 handbike but her company has offered to both buy the bike and match fund her total, which will help with other costs.
“That was great news,” said Tanya. “Jo is a lovely woman with an amazing personality and they really needed this handbike.”
You may also want to watch:
She is also supporting Wheels for Wellbeing, an inclusive south London cycling charity where her best friend Abigail Tripp works.
Tanya said: “I’ve done marathons but never this one. But a friend said ‘you have to do it’.
Donate to Tanya at justgiving.com/tanyaaddison71.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase