London Marathon: Hackney mum to make debut in cycling fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A mum who takes her family down to the Isle of Dogs to watch London Marathon runners every year won’t be able to this weekend – because she’s taking part.
Keen runner Tanya Addison, who grew up in Hackney, will be among the thousands racing, while her partner and two children will be spurring her on.
The IT consultant will be running for the first time to raise money for two cycling causes close to a couple of her friends.
She is supporting Pedal Power, a cycling club for people with learning difficulties, founded by Jo Roach. Tanya was initially fundraising for a new and much-needed £2,000 handbike but her company has offered to both buy the bike and match fund her total, which will help with other costs.
“That was great news,” said Tanya. “Jo is a lovely woman with an amazing personality and they really needed this handbike.”
You may also want to watch:
She is also supporting Wheels for Wellbeing, an inclusive south London cycling charity where her best friend Abigail Tripp works.
Tanya said: “I’ve done marathons but never this one. But a friend said ‘you have to do it’.
Donate to Tanya at justgiving.com/tanyaaddison71.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers