London Marathon: Hackney mum to make debut in cycling fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A mum who takes her family down to the Isle of Dogs to watch London Marathon runners every year won’t be able to this weekend – because she’s taking part.
Keen runner Tanya Addison, who grew up in Hackney, will be among the thousands racing, while her partner and two children will be spurring her on.
The IT consultant will be running for the first time to raise money for two cycling causes close to a couple of her friends.
She is supporting Pedal Power, a cycling club for people with learning difficulties, founded by Jo Roach. Tanya was initially fundraising for a new and much-needed £2,000 handbike but her company has offered to both buy the bike and match fund her total, which will help with other costs.
“That was great news,” said Tanya. “Jo is a lovely woman with an amazing personality and they really needed this handbike.”
You may also want to watch:
She is also supporting Wheels for Wellbeing, an inclusive south London cycling charity where her best friend Abigail Tripp works.
Tanya said: “I’ve done marathons but never this one. But a friend said ‘you have to do it’.
Donate to Tanya at justgiving.com/tanyaaddison71.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets