Lorry driver arrested for dangerous driving after cyclist dies in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a cyclist died in Stamford Hill yesterday.
The 29-year old female cyclist suffered critical injuries following the collision with the lorry, and died at the scene a short while later.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to the fatal collision in Amhurst Park near the junction with Seven Sisters Road at 8am.
The woman’s next of kin have been informed but officers await formal identification before she can be identified.
The driver of the lorry who stopped at the scene has been bailed to return, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be held at Hackney Mortuary today.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Officers are appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision to call 020 8597 4874.