Loving angels instead? Robbie Williams announces one-off gig at St John-at-Hackney Church
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Well, that’s one way to get people to come to church. St John-at-Hackney will host Robbie Williams for a one-off gig next week.
But at £125, tickets for the gig – on Wednesday next week – are a bit pricier than your usual collection plate donation.
Fans of the international superstar will see the 18-time Brit Award winnerat the iconic venue ahead of his forthcoming Heavy Entertainment Show stadium tour.
St John-at-Hackney Church has stood for more than 220 years. The first recorded history of a building on the site was in 1275.
These days, the 1400-capacity venue frequently hosts gigs in addition to its full complement of services.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on sale at 9am tomorrow from Amazon Tickets.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney