Lower Clapton fashion designer curates makers market
- Credit: Jeff Moore
A top fashion and furniture designer from Lower Clapton is curating a “makers market” in the City this week.
Bethan Laura Wood, winner of the Emerging Talent Medal at last year’s London Design Festival, has chosen a wealth of talent from across east London to showcase their work in Broadgate until Saturday.
It will feature pop-up stalls and workshops that are touted to “transform the world of interiors, fashion and art over the next decade”.
Bethan said: “My work crosses over different disciplines, so the group of people I have chosen are a mix of creatives with similar spirit.
“People that often take materials, identity and concepts from one discipline and use it another, this creates interesting processes with dynamic outcomes.”
You may also want to watch:
The market is in Finsbury Avenue Square, Broadgate until Saturday, from 11am to 6pm.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed