Lower Clapton fashion designer curates makers market
- Credit: Jeff Moore
A top fashion and furniture designer from Lower Clapton is curating a “makers market” in the City this week.
Bethan Laura Wood, winner of the Emerging Talent Medal at last year’s London Design Festival, has chosen a wealth of talent from across east London to showcase their work in Broadgate until Saturday.
It will feature pop-up stalls and workshops that are touted to “transform the world of interiors, fashion and art over the next decade”.
Bethan said: “My work crosses over different disciplines, so the group of people I have chosen are a mix of creatives with similar spirit.
“People that often take materials, identity and concepts from one discipline and use it another, this creates interesting processes with dynamic outcomes.”
You may also want to watch:
The market is in Finsbury Avenue Square, Broadgate until Saturday, from 11am to 6pm.
- 1 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 2 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch