Lower Clapton fashion designer curates makers market
- Credit: Jeff Moore
A top fashion and furniture designer from Lower Clapton is curating a “makers market” in the City this week.
Bethan Laura Wood, winner of the Emerging Talent Medal at last year’s London Design Festival, has chosen a wealth of talent from across east London to showcase their work in Broadgate until Saturday.
It will feature pop-up stalls and workshops that are touted to “transform the world of interiors, fashion and art over the next decade”.
Bethan said: “My work crosses over different disciplines, so the group of people I have chosen are a mix of creatives with similar spirit.
“People that often take materials, identity and concepts from one discipline and use it another, this creates interesting processes with dynamic outcomes.”
You may also want to watch:
The market is in Finsbury Avenue Square, Broadgate until Saturday, from 11am to 6pm.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta