Lower Clapton man left with 22ft phone in front garden
A Hackney builder is calling for people to buy giant phone off him and stop his family nagging.
A BUILDER from Hackney has taken a leaf out of Blondie’s book and is pleading for people to not leave him hanging on the telephone although for different reasons – his is 22ft long.
Dennis Murphy, 58, of Urswick Road, Lower Clapton, is in the doghouse with his good lady after bringing home a giant green phone receiver and parking it on his driveway.
The phone is a former prop used by the NSPCC for adverts and promotion and Mr Murphy, who worked for the charity for a number of years, took ownership when the organisation did not need it anymore.
Mr Murphy said: “A friend and I thought we might be able to use it for an advertising company or something.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had many a phone call and lots of people coming to see it but no firm offers.”
Mr Murphy brought the huge prop home a few months back and had to get two friends to help him get it off the truck.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
“When I first told my partner she said ‘I do not want it in my front drive’ so I slipped it in when she was at work,” he said.
“Did she notice it when she got back? Oh by God she noticed it alright! Now I have the whole family moaning at me and telling me I should never have bought a phone on credit.”
The phone is for sale at �500 or �100 a day to hire.
Anyone interested should call 07984 540268.