Luke McGee exits Tottenham Hotspur after ‘amazing time’ at boyhood club
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
21-year-old goalkeeper moves to Portsmouth to link up with Kenny Jackett again
Luke McGee paid tribute to Tottenham Hotspur after completing a move to League One side Portsmouth on Wednesday.
The goalkeeper signed a three-year deal with the Fratton Park club and moved for an undisclosed fee.
After the transfer was confirmed, McGee posted a heartfelt message to everyone at Spurs and expressed a determination to potentially return one day.
“I have spent 11 amazing years at my boyhood club and this was never going to be an easy decision,” said McGee.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to all of the coaches, staff and players who helped make me who I am today and I will always be grateful. I hope we cross paths again soon and wish everyone the best of luck for the future.
“Now my focus is 100 per cent on being a Portsmouth player and I can’t wait to get started. Thanks to the manager and the club for believing in me and giving me this opportunity. I can’t wait to get going.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
McGee links up with Kenny Jackett again having worked with the experienced boss at the end of last season.
Jackett was appointed Portsmouth’s new manager earlier this summer, but before that was working in the Spurs academy.
The ex-Wolves boss clearly did enough to impress McGee by convincing the youngster to join him down on the south coast.
After impressing on loan at Peterborough United last season, the 21-year-old will be keen to continue his development during the upcoming campaign.