Luke McGee exits Tottenham Hotspur after ‘amazing time’ at boyhood club
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
21-year-old goalkeeper moves to Portsmouth to link up with Kenny Jackett again
Luke McGee paid tribute to Tottenham Hotspur after completing a move to League One side Portsmouth on Wednesday.
The goalkeeper signed a three-year deal with the Fratton Park club and moved for an undisclosed fee.
After the transfer was confirmed, McGee posted a heartfelt message to everyone at Spurs and expressed a determination to potentially return one day.
“I have spent 11 amazing years at my boyhood club and this was never going to be an easy decision,” said McGee.
“Thank you to all of the coaches, staff and players who helped make me who I am today and I will always be grateful. I hope we cross paths again soon and wish everyone the best of luck for the future.
“Now my focus is 100 per cent on being a Portsmouth player and I can’t wait to get started. Thanks to the manager and the club for believing in me and giving me this opportunity. I can’t wait to get going.”
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Hackney leaders warn of long-term funding crisis
McGee links up with Kenny Jackett again having worked with the experienced boss at the end of last season.
Jackett was appointed Portsmouth’s new manager earlier this summer, but before that was working in the Spurs academy.
The ex-Wolves boss clearly did enough to impress McGee by convincing the youngster to join him down on the south coast.
After impressing on loan at Peterborough United last season, the 21-year-old will be keen to continue his development during the upcoming campaign.