Made in Hackney: Circus-themed craft shop does the trick
- Credit: Archant
Each week, the Gazette takes to the streets to unearth something being manufactured right here in Hackney. This week we spoke to Fiona Duffelen, who runs a circus-themed shop in Dalston.
Hackney’s best circus-themed curiosity shop Fee Fee La Fou HQ not only makes most of its own colourful stock, it also showcases the work of 150 artists from the borough.
Next month the shop in Bradbury Street, Dalston – unmissable thanks to its colourful exterior – celebrates its fifth anniversary.
And this year founder Fiona Duffelen picked up the best creative business award at the Hackney Mayor’s Business Awards.
“I’m an artist, painter and printmaker,” she said. “I had a studio in Hackney Wick but didn’t really like spending long hours on my own and wanted to move. We make 70 per cent of our stock including prints, furniture and jewellery. There’s a lot of artists in Hackney so we showcase their stuff too.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit feefeelafouenterprises.com for more
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park