Made in Hackney: Louis Vuitton contract for Clapton carpenters
- Credit: Archant
Each week, the Gazette takes to the streets to unearth something being manufactured right here in Hackney. This week, we speak to E5 Carpentry.
Bespoke furniture maker E5 Carpentry is fitting out the London headquarters of fashion giant Louis Vuitton.
Based in Clarence Mews, Clapton, it is the biggest job so far for owner Calum Hill, who usually deals with customers one-to-one.
He said: “I was a builder since leaving school and got into the furniture business very organically. So for three or four years, aside from the regular job, I would be doing a bit of shelving and making wardrobes here and there.
“I then started specialising in fitted furniture and we moved into these premises three years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“The Louis Vuitton job is really exciting for us, so it’s all good. But mainly we deal with personal clients, and tend to stick to the Hackney area. Usually, I will come round to the customer’s house and take back their ideas to the workshop.”
For more information, visit e5carpentry.com
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown