Made in Hackney: Louis Vuitton contract for Clapton carpenters
- Credit: Archant
Each week, the Gazette takes to the streets to unearth something being manufactured right here in Hackney. This week, we speak to E5 Carpentry.
Bespoke furniture maker E5 Carpentry is fitting out the London headquarters of fashion giant Louis Vuitton.
Based in Clarence Mews, Clapton, it is the biggest job so far for owner Calum Hill, who usually deals with customers one-to-one.
He said: “I was a builder since leaving school and got into the furniture business very organically. So for three or four years, aside from the regular job, I would be doing a bit of shelving and making wardrobes here and there.
“I then started specialising in fitted furniture and we moved into these premises three years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“The Louis Vuitton job is really exciting for us, so it’s all good. But mainly we deal with personal clients, and tend to stick to the Hackney area. Usually, I will come round to the customer’s house and take back their ideas to the workshop.”
For more information, visit e5carpentry.com
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'