Made in Hackney: Louis Vuitton contract for Clapton carpenters
- Credit: Archant
Each week, the Gazette takes to the streets to unearth something being manufactured right here in Hackney. This week, we speak to E5 Carpentry.
Bespoke furniture maker E5 Carpentry is fitting out the London headquarters of fashion giant Louis Vuitton.
Based in Clarence Mews, Clapton, it is the biggest job so far for owner Calum Hill, who usually deals with customers one-to-one.
He said: “I was a builder since leaving school and got into the furniture business very organically. So for three or four years, aside from the regular job, I would be doing a bit of shelving and making wardrobes here and there.
“I then started specialising in fitted furniture and we moved into these premises three years ago.
You may also want to watch:
“The Louis Vuitton job is really exciting for us, so it’s all good. But mainly we deal with personal clients, and tend to stick to the Hackney area. Usually, I will come round to the customer’s house and take back their ideas to the workshop.”
For more information, visit e5carpentry.com
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 7 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate