Made in Hackney: Louis Vuitton contract for Clapton carpenters
- Credit: Archant
Each week, the Gazette takes to the streets to unearth something being manufactured right here in Hackney. This week, we speak to E5 Carpentry.
Bespoke furniture maker E5 Carpentry is fitting out the London headquarters of fashion giant Louis Vuitton.
Based in Clarence Mews, Clapton, it is the biggest job so far for owner Calum Hill, who usually deals with customers one-to-one.
He said: “I was a builder since leaving school and got into the furniture business very organically. So for three or four years, aside from the regular job, I would be doing a bit of shelving and making wardrobes here and there.
“I then started specialising in fitted furniture and we moved into these premises three years ago.
“The Louis Vuitton job is really exciting for us, so it’s all good. But mainly we deal with personal clients, and tend to stick to the Hackney area. Usually, I will come round to the customer’s house and take back their ideas to the workshop.”
For more information, visit e5carpentry.com
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 4 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney