Made in Hackney: Pickle juice comes to Hackney
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we caught up with the woman responsible for bringing pickle juice chasers to London.
Pickle juice – yes, pickle juice – is becoming a drink of choice thanks to a Hackney woman who brought the idea back from New York three years ago.
Florence Cherruault, 26, launched The Pickle House in 2014 so she could enjoy a “Pickleback” chaser – a shot of whiskey followed by pickle juice – in her home country.
“I just wanted my friends to try it,” she said.
“I spent a few months coming up with different recipes and then launched it. I’d come out of uni doing graphic design. I had no business background at all.”
You may also want to watch:
Now the Hackney businesswoman has extended her range with the launch of The Pickle House Bloody Mary mix, which is stocked in Harvey Nichols and a 200ml version, which is being produced at the moment.
Pick up a bottle at thepicklehouse.com.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse