Made in Hackney: Pickle juice comes to Hackney
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we caught up with the woman responsible for bringing pickle juice chasers to London.
Pickle juice – yes, pickle juice – is becoming a drink of choice thanks to a Hackney woman who brought the idea back from New York three years ago.
Florence Cherruault, 26, launched The Pickle House in 2014 so she could enjoy a “Pickleback” chaser – a shot of whiskey followed by pickle juice – in her home country.
“I just wanted my friends to try it,” she said.
“I spent a few months coming up with different recipes and then launched it. I’d come out of uni doing graphic design. I had no business background at all.”
You may also want to watch:
Now the Hackney businesswoman has extended her range with the launch of The Pickle House Bloody Mary mix, which is stocked in Harvey Nichols and a 200ml version, which is being produced at the moment.
Pick up a bottle at thepicklehouse.com.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction