Made in Hackney: Pickle juice comes to Hackney
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we caught up with the woman responsible for bringing pickle juice chasers to London.
Pickle juice – yes, pickle juice – is becoming a drink of choice thanks to a Hackney woman who brought the idea back from New York three years ago.
Florence Cherruault, 26, launched The Pickle House in 2014 so she could enjoy a “Pickleback” chaser – a shot of whiskey followed by pickle juice – in her home country.
“I just wanted my friends to try it,” she said.
“I spent a few months coming up with different recipes and then launched it. I’d come out of uni doing graphic design. I had no business background at all.”
You may also want to watch:
Now the Hackney businesswoman has extended her range with the launch of The Pickle House Bloody Mary mix, which is stocked in Harvey Nichols and a 200ml version, which is being produced at the moment.
Pick up a bottle at thepicklehouse.com.
- 1 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions