Made in Hackney: Pickle juice comes to Hackney
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we caught up with the woman responsible for bringing pickle juice chasers to London.
Pickle juice – yes, pickle juice – is becoming a drink of choice thanks to a Hackney woman who brought the idea back from New York three years ago.
Florence Cherruault, 26, launched The Pickle House in 2014 so she could enjoy a “Pickleback” chaser – a shot of whiskey followed by pickle juice – in her home country.
“I just wanted my friends to try it,” she said.
“I spent a few months coming up with different recipes and then launched it. I’d come out of uni doing graphic design. I had no business background at all.”
Now the Hackney businesswoman has extended her range with the launch of The Pickle House Bloody Mary mix, which is stocked in Harvey Nichols and a 200ml version, which is being produced at the moment.
Pick up a bottle at thepicklehouse.com.
- 1 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 6 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 7 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 8 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting