Made in Hackney: Pickle juice comes to Hackney
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney. This week we caught up with the woman responsible for bringing pickle juice chasers to London.
Pickle juice – yes, pickle juice – is becoming a drink of choice thanks to a Hackney woman who brought the idea back from New York three years ago.
Florence Cherruault, 26, launched The Pickle House in 2014 so she could enjoy a “Pickleback” chaser – a shot of whiskey followed by pickle juice – in her home country.
“I just wanted my friends to try it,” she said.
“I spent a few months coming up with different recipes and then launched it. I’d come out of uni doing graphic design. I had no business background at all.”
You may also want to watch:
Now the Hackney businesswoman has extended her range with the launch of The Pickle House Bloody Mary mix, which is stocked in Harvey Nichols and a 200ml version, which is being produced at the moment.
Pick up a bottle at thepicklehouse.com.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images