Made in Hackney: Pipers, Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Hackney. This week, we found a design company that makes scale models of London’s major building projects.
Every developer needs to tell their story before they are allowed to start building.
That’s where Pipers, in Bevenden Street, Hoxton comes in.
Pipers produces scale models for its clients to demonstrate their visions at exhibitions and consultations.
And it has a roll call of major projects across London, from The Shard to the King’s Cross gasholders.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Patrick McKeogh said: “We help architects and property developers communicate theire ideas with the public.
“Before a scheme goes ahead, people need to know its benefits, and what it looks like. A physical model is the easiest way to communicate that.
- 1 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 2 Fatal Gillett Square shooting shines spotlight on crime hotspot
- 3 Patrick Anzy: Two arrests in Dalston fatal shooting investigation
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Pub managers in Hackney tell how life is since lockdown eased
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Hackney's Miss London makes it to Miss England final
- 8 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 9 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 10 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
“We have a very skilled workforce in our Hoxton workshop, and work on major projects across London.”