Made in Hackney: Pipers, Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Hackney. This week, we found a design company that makes scale models of London’s major building projects.
Every developer needs to tell their story before they are allowed to start building.
That’s where Pipers, in Bevenden Street, Hoxton comes in.
Pipers produces scale models for its clients to demonstrate their visions at exhibitions and consultations.
And it has a roll call of major projects across London, from The Shard to the King’s Cross gasholders.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Patrick McKeogh said: “We help architects and property developers communicate theire ideas with the public.
“Before a scheme goes ahead, people need to know its benefits, and what it looks like. A physical model is the easiest way to communicate that.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
“We have a very skilled workforce in our Hoxton workshop, and work on major projects across London.”