Made in Hackney: Pipers, Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Hackney. This week, we found a design company that makes scale models of London’s major building projects.
Every developer needs to tell their story before they are allowed to start building.
That’s where Pipers, in Bevenden Street, Hoxton comes in.
Pipers produces scale models for its clients to demonstrate their visions at exhibitions and consultations.
And it has a roll call of major projects across London, from The Shard to the King’s Cross gasholders.
Managing director Patrick McKeogh said: “We help architects and property developers communicate theire ideas with the public.
“Before a scheme goes ahead, people need to know its benefits, and what it looks like. A physical model is the easiest way to communicate that.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 4 Architecture review: 'Contemporary Hackney and revolutionary Russia?'
- 5 Firefighter retires after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 8 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 9 Protest erupts at the North London Waste Authority re-election meeting
- 10 Old Bailey courts closed as barrister strike action gets under way
“We have a very skilled workforce in our Hoxton workshop, and work on major projects across London.”