Made in Hackney: Pipers, Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Hackney. This week, we found a design company that makes scale models of London’s major building projects.
Every developer needs to tell their story before they are allowed to start building.
That’s where Pipers, in Bevenden Street, Hoxton comes in.
Pipers produces scale models for its clients to demonstrate their visions at exhibitions and consultations.
And it has a roll call of major projects across London, from The Shard to the King’s Cross gasholders.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Patrick McKeogh said: “We help architects and property developers communicate theire ideas with the public.
“Before a scheme goes ahead, people need to know its benefits, and what it looks like. A physical model is the easiest way to communicate that.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
“We have a very skilled workforce in our Hoxton workshop, and work on major projects across London.”