Made in Hackney: Pipers, Hoxton
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to unearth something being manufactured or produced right here in Hackney. This week, we found a design company that makes scale models of London’s major building projects.
Every developer needs to tell their story before they are allowed to start building.
That’s where Pipers, in Bevenden Street, Hoxton comes in.
Pipers produces scale models for its clients to demonstrate their visions at exhibitions and consultations.
And it has a roll call of major projects across London, from The Shard to the King’s Cross gasholders.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Patrick McKeogh said: “We help architects and property developers communicate theire ideas with the public.
“Before a scheme goes ahead, people need to know its benefits, and what it looks like. A physical model is the easiest way to communicate that.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
“We have a very skilled workforce in our Hoxton workshop, and work on major projects across London.”