Man, 69, dies after being hit by lorry in Kingsland Road
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has died after being hit by a lorry in Kingsland Road yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Balls Pond Road, at 1pm. Officers from the serious collision unit, along with medics, the air ambulance and fire crews attended but the 69-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been told.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene to assist police with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage can call the Serious Collisions Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Garage on 0208 597 4874, by dialing 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 6 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 9 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing