Man, 69, dies after being hit by lorry in Kingsland Road
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has died after being hit by a lorry in Kingsland Road yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Balls Pond Road, at 1pm. Officers from the serious collision unit, along with medics, the air ambulance and fire crews attended but the 69-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been told.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene to assist police with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward.
Anyone with information or dash cam footage can call the Serious Collisions Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Garage on 0208 597 4874, by dialing 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 4 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Dumpling Shack announces plans for Hackney restaurant