Man, 69, dies after being hit by lorry in Kingsland Road
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has died after being hit by a lorry in Kingsland Road yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Balls Pond Road, at 1pm. Officers from the serious collision unit, along with medics, the air ambulance and fire crews attended but the 69-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been told.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene to assist police with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage can call the Serious Collisions Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Garage on 0208 597 4874, by dialing 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared