Man, 69, dies after being hit by lorry in Kingsland Road
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has died after being hit by a lorry in Kingsland Road yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Balls Pond Road, at 1pm. Officers from the serious collision unit, along with medics, the air ambulance and fire crews attended but the 69-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been told.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene to assist police with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage can call the Serious Collisions Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Garage on 0208 597 4874, by dialing 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 7 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 8 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 9 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North