Man, 69, dies after being hit by lorry in Kingsland Road
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner has died after being hit by a lorry in Kingsland Road yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to the scene, near the junction with Balls Pond Road, at 1pm. Officers from the serious collision unit, along with medics, the air ambulance and fire crews attended but the 69-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been told.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene to assist police with their enquiries. No arrests have been made.
Officers are now appealing for witnesses to the collision to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash cam footage can call the Serious Collisions Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Garage on 0208 597 4874, by dialing 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 Man's face lacerated in Lower Clapton stabbing
- 2 Hackney 'rising star' nominated for BAFTA
- 3 Alleged organiser of illegal Hackney music event faces £10,000 fine
- 4 'Largest cannabis farm we've ever seen,' say Homerton police
- 5 Baby Edward: Police confirm biological mother was found
- 6 Hackney runner marking eight years since losing his dad to Prostate Cancer with charity run
- 7 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 8 Speaker sets up walk to support Hackney Foodbank after demand surges
- 9 'So many characters': Lockdown portraits on display
- 10 24-hour DJ set raises thousands for mental health charity