Arrest made after pregnant woman assaulted in Hackney street
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man has been arrested after a 20-year-old pregnant woman in Stamford Hill was assaulted.
The man, in his late 50s, was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) at a residential address in Haringey. He is now in custody at an east London police station.
Police were called shortly after 7pm on March 18 following reports of an assault about 30 minutes earlier on Manor Road in Stamford Hill, Hackney.
The victim alleged to officers that she had been approached from behind and had her head covered by a pillow case before the assault.
The woman was taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries.
Enquiries are ongoing to establish a motive and at this early stage, police do not believe the incident is linked with any other offences.
Police have been conducting patrols in the Stamford Hill area to provide reassurance to the local community.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 4 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 5 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 6 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 7 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 8 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 9 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 10 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
Anyone who can help the investigation is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 6517/18Mar.