Arrest made after pregnant woman assaulted in Hackney street
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man has been arrested after a 20-year-old pregnant woman in Stamford Hill was assaulted.
The man, in his late 50s, was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) at a residential address in Haringey. He is now in custody at an east London police station.
Police were called shortly after 7pm on March 18 following reports of an assault about 30 minutes earlier on Manor Road in Stamford Hill, Hackney.
The victim alleged to officers that she had been approached from behind and had her head covered by a pillow case before the assault.
The woman was taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to establish a motive and at this early stage, police do not believe the incident is linked with any other offences.
Police have been conducting patrols in the Stamford Hill area to provide reassurance to the local community.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Anyone who can help the investigation is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 6517/18Mar.