Arrest made after pregnant woman assaulted in Hackney street
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man has been arrested after a 20-year-old pregnant woman in Stamford Hill was assaulted.
The man, in his late 50s, was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) at a residential address in Haringey. He is now in custody at an east London police station.
Police were called shortly after 7pm on March 18 following reports of an assault about 30 minutes earlier on Manor Road in Stamford Hill, Hackney.
The victim alleged to officers that she had been approached from behind and had her head covered by a pillow case before the assault.
The woman was taken to hospital for treatment to minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to establish a motive and at this early stage, police do not believe the incident is linked with any other offences.
Police have been conducting patrols in the Stamford Hill area to provide reassurance to the local community.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
Anyone who can help the investigation is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 6517/18Mar.