Man arrested for dangerous driving after child hit by car
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A child is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a car on Wednesday night.
Police were called at 8.20pm on November 11 to reports of a car in collision with a child in Jessam Avenue, Upper Clapton.
The child, an eight-year-old boy, was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the car involved, a man in his 20s, stopped at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
He has been taken to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
He was subsequently bailed to appear at a police station on a date later in November.
Officers from the Roads and Transport Policing Command continue to investigate.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers