Man arrested for dangerous driving after child hit by car
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A child is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a car on Wednesday night.
Police were called at 8.20pm on November 11 to reports of a car in collision with a child in Jessam Avenue, Upper Clapton.
The child, an eight-year-old boy, was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the car involved, a man in his 20s, stopped at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
He has been taken to an east London police station.
He was subsequently bailed to appear at a police station on a date later in November.
Officers from the Roads and Transport Policing Command continue to investigate.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 7 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life