Man arrested for dangerous driving after child hit by car
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A child is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a car on Wednesday night.
Police were called at 8.20pm on November 11 to reports of a car in collision with a child in Jessam Avenue, Upper Clapton.
The child, an eight-year-old boy, was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the car involved, a man in his 20s, stopped at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
He has been taken to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
He was subsequently bailed to appear at a police station on a date later in November.
Officers from the Roads and Transport Policing Command continue to investigate.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse