Man arrested for dangerous driving after child hit by car
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A child is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a car on Wednesday night.
Police were called at 8.20pm on November 11 to reports of a car in collision with a child in Jessam Avenue, Upper Clapton.
The child, an eight-year-old boy, was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the car involved, a man in his 20s, stopped at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
He has been taken to an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
He was subsequently bailed to appear at a police station on a date later in November.
Officers from the Roads and Transport Policing Command continue to investigate.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site