MAN CHARGED AFTER MOTHER DIES
A man has been remanded in custody accused of beating his mother to death in her own home. Marlon McLure, 46, has been charged with the murder of his mother...
A man has been remanded in custody accused of beating his mother to death in her own home.
Marlon McLure, 46, has been charged with the murder of his mother, Waveney McLure.
Mrs McLure, 68, was found with head injuries in her flat in Crondall Court, Hoxton, at 3am on Sunday.
Paramedics fought to save her but she died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem carried out at Poplar Mortuary on Monday found cause of death to be head injuries.
McLure was remanded in custody when he appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
He has been sent to Brixton Prison in south London and will next appear at the Old Bailey on May 7.
McLure was arrested just half an hour later at his home in Bow. He was charged with murder on Tuesday.