Nightingale Estate stabbing: Man charged with murder of Kaan Aslan
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of Kaan Aslan, who was stabbed to death on the Nightingale Estate last year.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14.
Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
Bruno Pateco-Te, 24, of Chelmer Road, Homerton, was charged yesterday on suspicion of murder and violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
In January a 17-year-old, 18-year-old, and two 20-year-old men were arrested in Hackney, while two 19-year-old youths were arrested in Hatfield and Romford, all on suspicion of violent disorder and murder.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
Two men aged 23 and a 25-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of murder in November.