Nightingale Estate stabbing: Man charged with murder of Kaan Aslan
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of Kaan Aslan, who was stabbed to death on the Nightingale Estate last year.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14.
Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
Bruno Pateco-Te, 24, of Chelmer Road, Homerton, was charged yesterday on suspicion of murder and violent disorder.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
In January a 17-year-old, 18-year-old, and two 20-year-old men were arrested in Hackney, while two 19-year-old youths were arrested in Hatfield and Romford, all on suspicion of violent disorder and murder.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
Two men aged 23 and a 25-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of murder in November.