Nightingale Estate stabbing: Man charged with murder of Kaan Aslan
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of Kaan Aslan, who was stabbed to death on the Nightingale Estate last year.
Mr Aslan was knifed in the chest in Monteagle Way, Lower Clapton, just after midnight on November 14.
Medics fought to save his life but he died at the scene 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem showed the cause of death as a stab wound to the heart.
Bruno Pateco-Te, 24, of Chelmer Road, Homerton, was charged yesterday on suspicion of murder and violent disorder.
He will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
In January a 17-year-old, 18-year-old, and two 20-year-old men were arrested in Hackney, while two 19-year-old youths were arrested in Hatfield and Romford, all on suspicion of violent disorder and murder.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 7 Architecture review: 'Contemporary Hackney and revolutionary Russia?'
- 8 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 9 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 10 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
Two men aged 23 and a 25-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of murder in November.