Man charged with 12-year-old Hackney murder
A man has been extradited from the Netherlands to face a charge of murder in Hackney in 1999.
Tuggie Phillips, who is also known as John Reid, appeared at the Old Bailey on Monday charged with the murder of 39-year-old Stephen Bailey and the attempted murder of Paul Bailey, 41, after an incident at Banbury House on the Banbury estate, Victoria Park, in July 1999.
Stephen Bailey died 16 days later and a post-mortem examination said the cause of death was trauma to the brain with a blunt instrument.
Phillips, 38 of no fixed address, also faces charges of the manslaughter of Stephen Bailey, and wounding Paul Bailey with intent and another charge of wounding Paul Bailey.
Phillips was extradited to Britain on June 1 after he was arrested by Dutch police in March.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested at Heathrow and subsequently charged by police.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition