Man charged with 12-year-old Hackney murder
A man has been extradited from the Netherlands to face a charge of murder in Hackney in 1999.
Tuggie Phillips, who is also known as John Reid, appeared at the Old Bailey on Monday charged with the murder of 39-year-old Stephen Bailey and the attempted murder of Paul Bailey, 41, after an incident at Banbury House on the Banbury estate, Victoria Park, in July 1999.
Stephen Bailey died 16 days later and a post-mortem examination said the cause of death was trauma to the brain with a blunt instrument.
Phillips, 38 of no fixed address, also faces charges of the manslaughter of Stephen Bailey, and wounding Paul Bailey with intent and another charge of wounding Paul Bailey.
Phillips was extradited to Britain on June 1 after he was arrested by Dutch police in March.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested at Heathrow and subsequently charged by police.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 5 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 7 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers