Man charged with 12-year-old Hackney murder
A man has been extradited from the Netherlands to face a charge of murder in Hackney in 1999.
Tuggie Phillips, who is also known as John Reid, appeared at the Old Bailey on Monday charged with the murder of 39-year-old Stephen Bailey and the attempted murder of Paul Bailey, 41, after an incident at Banbury House on the Banbury estate, Victoria Park, in July 1999.
Stephen Bailey died 16 days later and a post-mortem examination said the cause of death was trauma to the brain with a blunt instrument.
Phillips, 38 of no fixed address, also faces charges of the manslaughter of Stephen Bailey, and wounding Paul Bailey with intent and another charge of wounding Paul Bailey.
Phillips was extradited to Britain on June 1 after he was arrested by Dutch police in March.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested at Heathrow and subsequently charged by police.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs