Man charged with murder of Moses Fadairo
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of Moses Fadairo, who was gunned down in broad daylight in Chatsworth Road.
Christopher Erunse, 27, from Greenwich appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning, charged with murder, attempted murder and possession of a firearm.
He was arrested on Tuesday morning in Birmingham.
Panicked shoppers dived to the ground as Mr Fadairo was shot dead in broad daylight on a packed street in Lower Clapton at around 1pm on Saturday.
A 25-year old man was arrested on suspicion of murder near the crime scene soon after, but he has been released with no further action being taken against him in relation to the murder. However he was later arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and has now been bailed.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old man was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder, and has been bailed until December.
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or the events leading up to the incident is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 7 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 8 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 9 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted