Man charged with murder of Moses Fadairo
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of Moses Fadairo, who was gunned down in broad daylight in Chatsworth Road.
Christopher Erunse, 27, from Greenwich appeared in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this morning, charged with murder, attempted murder and possession of a firearm.
He was arrested on Tuesday morning in Birmingham.
Panicked shoppers dived to the ground as Mr Fadairo was shot dead in broad daylight on a packed street in Lower Clapton at around 1pm on Saturday.
A 25-year old man was arrested on suspicion of murder near the crime scene soon after, but he has been released with no further action being taken against him in relation to the murder. However he was later arrested on suspicion of being in possession of an offensive weapon and has now been bailed.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old man was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder, and has been bailed until December.
Anyone who witnessed the shooting or the events leading up to the incident is asked to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images