Man critical following Mare Street blaze
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has suffered serious burn injuries following a fire in Mare Street today.
London Fire Brigade, London Ambulance Service and the Met Police were called to Mare Street, near London Fields just after midday, where a van and a building were ablaze.
A police spokesman said: “At this early stage, it is believed that the fire was caused as a result of a works carried out near a generator inside a commercial property.
“As a matter of course, the Health and Safety Executive will be informed.”
The injured man, who was one of the workmen, was found at the scene suffering from serious burn injuries, and has been taken to an East London hospital in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Local road closures are in effect, with Mare Street and Paragon Lane and Loddiges Road still closed.
Police have stressed the incident is not terrorist related.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images