Man dies three weeks after suspected assault in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A man who is believed to have been assaulted and left on the pavement with a serious head injury in Upper Clapton has died.
Police found him in a critical condition in Upper Clapton Road just before 4.10pm on Wednesday July 10, close to the junction with Rossington Street.
The 47-year-old had suffered a serious head wound following a suspected assault.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital by the London Ambulance Service but his condition deteriorated and he died on Sunday July 28.
He has now been named as Bakre Yesufu of Rossington Street, Upper Clapton.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination at Popular mortuary on Tuesday July 30 cited the cause of death as pulmonary embolism.
Two men were arrested in connection with the investigation on July 10 and 19 and subsequently charged.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
An incident room has opened at the homicide and serious crime command at Hendon. Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call 020 8358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.