Man dies three weeks after suspected assault in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A man who is believed to have been assaulted and left on the pavement with a serious head injury in Upper Clapton has died.
Police found him in a critical condition in Upper Clapton Road just before 4.10pm on Wednesday July 10, close to the junction with Rossington Street.
The 47-year-old had suffered a serious head wound following a suspected assault.
He was taken to the Royal London Hospital by the London Ambulance Service but his condition deteriorated and he died on Sunday July 28.
He has now been named as Bakre Yesufu of Rossington Street, Upper Clapton.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination at Popular mortuary on Tuesday July 30 cited the cause of death as pulmonary embolism.
Two men were arrested in connection with the investigation on July 10 and 19 and subsequently charged.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
An incident room has opened at the homicide and serious crime command at Hendon. Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call 020 8358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.