Man fighting for life after falling off bicycle in Lea Bridge Road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a cyclist suffered life threatening injuries in Clapton this afternoon.
Officers were called to Lea Bridge Road, at the junction with Cornthwaite Road, just after 1.30pm.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended and treated the cyclist, who is believed to be aged 30. He was taken to hospital for treatment.
The Met said: “At this early stage it is not believed that cyclist was in collision with a vehicle but enquiries continue to establish how he came to fall from his bicycle.”
Officers from Hackney remain on scene and Lea Bridge Road is closed to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Cornthwaite Road joins Lea Bridge Road as a narrow cycle lane that is blocked off to cars. Lea Bridge Road where the two meet is a steep, busy bus route, and cyclists must usually wait for a pedestrian green light to be able to turn right.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to the incident is asked to call Hackney Police on 101.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney