Man fighting for life after falling off bicycle in Lea Bridge Road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a cyclist suffered life threatening injuries in Clapton this afternoon.
Officers were called to Lea Bridge Road, at the junction with Cornthwaite Road, just after 1.30pm.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended and treated the cyclist, who is believed to be aged 30. He was taken to hospital for treatment.
The Met said: “At this early stage it is not believed that cyclist was in collision with a vehicle but enquiries continue to establish how he came to fall from his bicycle.”
Officers from Hackney remain on scene and Lea Bridge Road is closed to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Cornthwaite Road joins Lea Bridge Road as a narrow cycle lane that is blocked off to cars. Lea Bridge Road where the two meet is a steep, busy bus route, and cyclists must usually wait for a pedestrian green light to be able to turn right.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to the incident is asked to call Hackney Police on 101.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction