Man fighting for life after falling off bicycle in Lea Bridge Road
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a cyclist suffered life threatening injuries in Clapton this afternoon.
Officers were called to Lea Bridge Road, at the junction with Cornthwaite Road, just after 1.30pm.
London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance attended and treated the cyclist, who is believed to be aged 30. He was taken to hospital for treatment.
The Met said: “At this early stage it is not believed that cyclist was in collision with a vehicle but enquiries continue to establish how he came to fall from his bicycle.”
Officers from Hackney remain on scene and Lea Bridge Road is closed to traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Cornthwaite Road joins Lea Bridge Road as a narrow cycle lane that is blocked off to cars. Lea Bridge Road where the two meet is a steep, busy bus route, and cyclists must usually wait for a pedestrian green light to be able to turn right.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or the events leading up to the incident is asked to call Hackney Police on 101.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised