Man fighting for life after Stamford Hill crash
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after being hit by a car at a dangerous junction this morning.
Police and medics were called to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian in Stamford Hill, at the junction with Clapton Common, just before 6.15am.
A man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries.
Police initially said the driver did not stop, but it has now emerged they did and they are now assisting police with inquiries.
The crash comes just four days after a man was killed at the same junction. The 41-year-old pedestrian was hit by a bus on Friday night.
Lib Dem councillor Abraham Jacobson said there had been four serious accidents in the area in four days, tweeting that motorcyclists and cyclists were “dicing with death daily.”
Road blocks were set up and people were urged to avoid the area by police. The road did not re-open until about 12.30pm.
Anyone with information should contact police via 101.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 3 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Hackney leaders warn of long-term funding crisis