Man fighting for life after Stamford Hill crash
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after being hit by a car at a dangerous junction this morning.
Police and medics were called to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian in Stamford Hill, at the junction with Clapton Common, just before 6.15am.
A man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries.
Police initially said the driver did not stop, but it has now emerged they did and they are now assisting police with inquiries.
The crash comes just four days after a man was killed at the same junction. The 41-year-old pedestrian was hit by a bus on Friday night.
Lib Dem councillor Abraham Jacobson said there had been four serious accidents in the area in four days, tweeting that motorcyclists and cyclists were “dicing with death daily.”
You may also want to watch:
Road blocks were set up and people were urged to avoid the area by police. The road did not re-open until about 12.30pm.
Anyone with information should contact police via 101.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop