Man fighting for life after Stamford Hill crash
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after being hit by a car at a dangerous junction this morning.
Police and medics were called to reports of a collision between a car and a pedestrian in Stamford Hill, at the junction with Clapton Common, just before 6.15am.
A man, believed to be in his 40s, was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries.
Police initially said the driver did not stop, but it has now emerged they did and they are now assisting police with inquiries.
The crash comes just four days after a man was killed at the same junction. The 41-year-old pedestrian was hit by a bus on Friday night.
Lib Dem councillor Abraham Jacobson said there had been four serious accidents in the area in four days, tweeting that motorcyclists and cyclists were “dicing with death daily.”
You may also want to watch:
Road blocks were set up and people were urged to avoid the area by police. The road did not re-open until about 12.30pm.
Anyone with information should contact police via 101.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets