Man fights for life after Shoreditch motorcycist smash
Great Eastern Street accident leaves pedestrian in critical condition.
A MAN is fighting for his life after being knocked down by a motorbike in Shoreditch.
The man, 66, is thought to have tried to cross Great Eastern Street from between two parked cars at around 7.20pm yesterday (Tuesday) when he collided with a motorcyclist.
Ambulance crews treated the man at the scene and rushed him to an east London hospital where he is in intesive care in a critical condition.
Witnesses reported seeing a briefcase left in the road.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was treated for minor injuries and has since been released.
no arrests have been made.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
Anyone who saw the accident or who has any information should call police on 0300 123 1212.