Man fights for life after Shoreditch motorcycist smash
Great Eastern Street accident leaves pedestrian in critical condition.
A MAN is fighting for his life after being knocked down by a motorbike in Shoreditch.
The man, 66, is thought to have tried to cross Great Eastern Street from between two parked cars at around 7.20pm yesterday (Tuesday) when he collided with a motorcyclist.
Ambulance crews treated the man at the scene and rushed him to an east London hospital where he is in intesive care in a critical condition.
Witnesses reported seeing a briefcase left in the road.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was treated for minor injuries and has since been released.
no arrests have been made.
- 1 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Anyone who saw the accident or who has any information should call police on 0300 123 1212.