Man fights for life after Shoreditch motorcycist smash
Great Eastern Street accident leaves pedestrian in critical condition.
A MAN is fighting for his life after being knocked down by a motorbike in Shoreditch.
The man, 66, is thought to have tried to cross Great Eastern Street from between two parked cars at around 7.20pm yesterday (Tuesday) when he collided with a motorcyclist.
Ambulance crews treated the man at the scene and rushed him to an east London hospital where he is in intesive care in a critical condition.
Witnesses reported seeing a briefcase left in the road.
The motorcyclist was treated for minor injuries and has since been released.
no arrests have been made.
- 1 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 4 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 5 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 6 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 7 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 8 Teenage girls arrested after incident in Kingsland High Street
- 9 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 10 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
Anyone who saw the accident or who has any information should call police on 0300 123 1212.