Man fights for life after Shoreditch motorcycist smash
Great Eastern Street accident leaves pedestrian in critical condition.
A MAN is fighting for his life after being knocked down by a motorbike in Shoreditch.
The man, 66, is thought to have tried to cross Great Eastern Street from between two parked cars at around 7.20pm yesterday (Tuesday) when he collided with a motorcyclist.
Ambulance crews treated the man at the scene and rushed him to an east London hospital where he is in intesive care in a critical condition.
Witnesses reported seeing a briefcase left in the road.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist was treated for minor injuries and has since been released.
no arrests have been made.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
Anyone who saw the accident or who has any information should call police on 0300 123 1212.