Man fights for life after upper clapton shooting - one stabbed in Well Street
One shot, one stabbed as New Year’s Day descends into violence.
A MAN is fighting for his life after he was shot in the chest and another recovering in hospital after he was stabbed in the face as New Years Day descended into violence.
Police were called to Upper Clapton Road at around 6.30am where they found a man in his 20s with a gunshot wound to the torso.
He was rushed to an east London hospital where his situation is described as critical.
An hour-and-a-half earlier officers were called to Well Street at 5am and found a male with stab wounds to his chest, face and wrists.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is described as non-life threatening.
A male has been arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent to endanger life and is in custody.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
No arrests have been made over the shooting.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.