Man fights for life after upper clapton shooting - one stabbed in Well Street
One shot, one stabbed as New Year’s Day descends into violence.
A MAN is fighting for his life after he was shot in the chest and another recovering in hospital after he was stabbed in the face as New Years Day descended into violence.
Police were called to Upper Clapton Road at around 6.30am where they found a man in his 20s with a gunshot wound to the torso.
He was rushed to an east London hospital where his situation is described as critical.
An hour-and-a-half earlier officers were called to Well Street at 5am and found a male with stab wounds to his chest, face and wrists.
He was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is described as non-life threatening.
A male has been arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent to endanger life and is in custody.
- 1 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 2 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 3 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
- 4 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 5 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 6 New community mural painted by residents unveiled in Stoke Newington
- 7 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 8 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 9 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 10 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
No arrests have been made over the shooting.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.