Man fights for life after upper clapton shooting - one stabbed in Well Street
One shot, one stabbed as New Year’s Day descends into violence.
A MAN is fighting for his life after he was shot in the chest and another recovering in hospital after he was stabbed in the face as New Years Day descended into violence.
Police were called to Upper Clapton Road at around 6.30am where they found a man in his 20s with a gunshot wound to the torso.
He was rushed to an east London hospital where his situation is described as critical.
An hour-and-a-half earlier officers were called to Well Street at 5am and found a male with stab wounds to his chest, face and wrists.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is described as non-life threatening.
A male has been arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent to endanger life and is in custody.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
No arrests have been made over the shooting.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.