Man fights for life after upper clapton shooting - one stabbed in Well Street
One shot, one stabbed as New Year’s Day descends into violence.
A MAN is fighting for his life after he was shot in the chest and another recovering in hospital after he was stabbed in the face as New Years Day descended into violence.
Police were called to Upper Clapton Road at around 6.30am where they found a man in his 20s with a gunshot wound to the torso.
He was rushed to an east London hospital where his situation is described as critical.
An hour-and-a-half earlier officers were called to Well Street at 5am and found a male with stab wounds to his chest, face and wrists.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is described as non-life threatening.
A male has been arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent to endanger life and is in custody.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
No arrests have been made over the shooting.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.