Man fights for life after upper clapton shooting - one stabbed in Well Street
One shot, one stabbed as New Year’s Day descends into violence.
A MAN is fighting for his life after he was shot in the chest and another recovering in hospital after he was stabbed in the face as New Years Day descended into violence.
Police were called to Upper Clapton Road at around 6.30am where they found a man in his 20s with a gunshot wound to the torso.
He was rushed to an east London hospital where his situation is described as critical.
An hour-and-a-half earlier officers were called to Well Street at 5am and found a male with stab wounds to his chest, face and wrists.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is described as non-life threatening.
A male has been arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent to endanger life and is in custody.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
No arrests have been made over the shooting.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.