Man fights for life following Dalston ‘hit and run’
One man arrested and roads in the area closed.
A 60-YEAR-old man is fighting for his life after being knocked down in a suspected hit-and-run.
The man, who is not thought to come from the Hackney area, was hit as he crossed Balls Pond Road, near the junction of Mildmay Park, Dalston, at around 12.30pm today (Wednesday).
Police, ambulance and the air ambulance raced to the scene and took the man to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the vehicle did not stop at the scene but a man was arrested shortly after and is currently at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The man is the third person to be involved in an accident with a vehicle on Hackney’s roads in less than 24 hours.
Balls Pond Road close to the accident is currently closed and buses have been diverted.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web