Man fights for life following Dalston ‘hit and run’
One man arrested and roads in the area closed.
A 60-YEAR-old man is fighting for his life after being knocked down in a suspected hit-and-run.
The man, who is not thought to come from the Hackney area, was hit as he crossed Balls Pond Road, near the junction of Mildmay Park, Dalston, at around 12.30pm today (Wednesday).
Police, ambulance and the air ambulance raced to the scene and took the man to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the vehicle did not stop at the scene but a man was arrested shortly after and is currently at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The man is the third person to be involved in an accident with a vehicle on Hackney’s roads in less than 24 hours.
Balls Pond Road close to the accident is currently closed and buses have been diverted.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways