Man fights for life following Dalston ‘hit and run’
One man arrested and roads in the area closed.
A 60-YEAR-old man is fighting for his life after being knocked down in a suspected hit-and-run.
The man, who is not thought to come from the Hackney area, was hit as he crossed Balls Pond Road, near the junction of Mildmay Park, Dalston, at around 12.30pm today (Wednesday).
Police, ambulance and the air ambulance raced to the scene and took the man to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
The driver of the vehicle did not stop at the scene but a man was arrested shortly after and is currently at a north London police station.
You may also want to watch:
The man is the third person to be involved in an accident with a vehicle on Hackney’s roads in less than 24 hours.
Balls Pond Road close to the accident is currently closed and buses have been diverted.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 8 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 9 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers