Man found dead in “gay bathhouse”
Mystery surrounds the death of a man who was found dead in a Shoreditch “gay bathhouse” on Wednesday (July 12).
Police and ambulance crews were called after the man, who has not yet been formally identified, was found in the Chariot Roman Spa in Fairchild Street, at about 7.20am.
The venue is known as a sauna catering for the gay community in the area and is advertised on some websites as a “gay bathhouse”.
The man’s next-of-kin have yet to be informed, and a post-mortem is due to be held today (Thursday).
A Hackney Police spokeswoman confirmed there have been no arrests and added: “The death is being treated as unexplained at this stage and is being investigated by Hackney officers.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information, and want to speak to anyone who was at the spa between on the evening of Tuesday, July 10, and Wednesday morning.
Anyone with information should call officers on 020 8721 7760 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington