Man found dead in “gay bathhouse”
Mystery surrounds the death of a man who was found dead in a Shoreditch “gay bathhouse” on Wednesday (July 12).
Police and ambulance crews were called after the man, who has not yet been formally identified, was found in the Chariot Roman Spa in Fairchild Street, at about 7.20am.
The venue is known as a sauna catering for the gay community in the area and is advertised on some websites as a “gay bathhouse”.
The man’s next-of-kin have yet to be informed, and a post-mortem is due to be held today (Thursday).
A Hackney Police spokeswoman confirmed there have been no arrests and added: “The death is being treated as unexplained at this stage and is being investigated by Hackney officers.”
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information, and want to speak to anyone who was at the spa between on the evening of Tuesday, July 10, and Wednesday morning.
Anyone with information should call officers on 020 8721 7760 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man