Man’s body discovered in Clissold Park
- Credit: Archant
The death of a man whose body was found in Clissold Park has been deemed non-suspicious.
The man, who is believed to be aged in his mid-20s and has not yet been identified by police, was discovered in the Stoke Newington park just after 6.30am on Saturday morning.
Paramedics were called to the scene but the victim was pronounced dead at 6.50am, Scotland Yard said.
The park was closed and witnesses described seeing a police tent being erected close to a park entrance near Brownswood Road.
Officers believe they know the man’s identity but await formal identification, and his next of kin are in the process of being informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be held in the next few days at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images