Man’s body discovered in Clissold Park
- Credit: Archant
The death of a man whose body was found in Clissold Park has been deemed non-suspicious.
The man, who is believed to be aged in his mid-20s and has not yet been identified by police, was discovered in the Stoke Newington park just after 6.30am on Saturday morning.
Paramedics were called to the scene but the victim was pronounced dead at 6.50am, Scotland Yard said.
The park was closed and witnesses described seeing a police tent being erected close to a park entrance near Brownswood Road.
Officers believe they know the man’s identity but await formal identification, and his next of kin are in the process of being informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be held in the next few days at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets