Man’s body discovered in Clissold Park
- Credit: Archant
The death of a man whose body was found in Clissold Park has been deemed non-suspicious.
The man, who is believed to be aged in his mid-20s and has not yet been identified by police, was discovered in the Stoke Newington park just after 6.30am on Saturday morning.
Paramedics were called to the scene but the victim was pronounced dead at 6.50am, Scotland Yard said.
The park was closed and witnesses described seeing a police tent being erected close to a park entrance near Brownswood Road.
Officers believe they know the man’s identity but await formal identification, and his next of kin are in the process of being informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be held in the next few days at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 7 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter