Man’s body discovered in Clissold Park
- Credit: Archant
The death of a man whose body was found in Clissold Park has been deemed non-suspicious.
The man, who is believed to be aged in his mid-20s and has not yet been identified by police, was discovered in the Stoke Newington park just after 6.30am on Saturday morning.
Paramedics were called to the scene but the victim was pronounced dead at 6.50am, Scotland Yard said.
The park was closed and witnesses described seeing a police tent being erected close to a park entrance near Brownswood Road.
Officers believe they know the man’s identity but await formal identification, and his next of kin are in the process of being informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination will be held in the next few days at Poplar Coroner’s Court.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown