Construction worker dies in Hoxton after being struck by falling object
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man died after reportedly being struck by a falling object at a building site in Hoxton.
The London Fire Brigade and London's Air Ambulance attended the scene at 1.19pm to a building site on East Road on December 21.
Metropolitan Police officers also attended the scene.
A 32-year-old man who was working at the site was pronounced dead at the scene.
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We sent an ambulance crew, a medic in a car, a clinical team leader, an incident response officer, and members of our hazardous area response team.
"We also dispatched by road London's Air Ambulance.
"Sadly, despite best efforts of emergency service colleagues, a person died at the scene."
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 5 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 6 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 10 Disorder in Dalston: Eight charged and footage referred to IOPC watchdog
The Met said his next of kin have been informed. The Health and Safety Executive have also been informed.
The case falls under Poplar Coroner's Office. They have been contacted in regards to the opening of an inquest into the case.
Enquiries are ongoing.