Man under train, Hackney Wick
- Credit: Archant
Police and ambulance were called to Hackney Wick Overground Station this morning to reports of a man on the track.
London Ambulance Service said: “We were called 9.10am to Hackney Wick station to reports of someone on the track.
“We sent an ambulance crew, which arrived in eight minutes, our hazardous area response team, duty station office and London’s Air Ambulance.
“We treated a man reported to be in his 20s for a head injury.”
He was taken as a priority to an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
London Fire Brigade also attended the scene.
British Transport Police said it was not treating the incident as suspicious.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
UPDATE: There is now good service between Stratford and Canonbury.