Man under train, Hackney Wick
- Credit: Archant
Police and ambulance were called to Hackney Wick Overground Station this morning to reports of a man on the track.
London Ambulance Service said: “We were called 9.10am to Hackney Wick station to reports of someone on the track.
“We sent an ambulance crew, which arrived in eight minutes, our hazardous area response team, duty station office and London’s Air Ambulance.
“We treated a man reported to be in his 20s for a head injury.”
He was taken as a priority to an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
London Fire Brigade also attended the scene.
British Transport Police said it was not treating the incident as suspicious.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
UPDATE: There is now good service between Stratford and Canonbury.