Man under train, Hackney Wick
- Credit: Archant
Police and ambulance were called to Hackney Wick Overground Station this morning to reports of a man on the track.
London Ambulance Service said: “We were called 9.10am to Hackney Wick station to reports of someone on the track.
“We sent an ambulance crew, which arrived in eight minutes, our hazardous area response team, duty station office and London’s Air Ambulance.
“We treated a man reported to be in his 20s for a head injury.”
He was taken as a priority to an east London hospital.
London Fire Brigade also attended the scene.
British Transport Police said it was not treating the incident as suspicious.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 3 Hospital trust bucks national trend by recruiting more UK medical staff
- 4 Mogwai added to All Points East after King Gizzard pull out for health reasons
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 9 Siegfried: 'An epic of loneliness and self-doubt'
- 10 From college student to stage performer: How All Points East Festival is helping young artists
UPDATE: There is now good service between Stratford and Canonbury.