Man under train, Hackney Wick
- Credit: Archant
Police and ambulance were called to Hackney Wick Overground Station this morning to reports of a man on the track.
London Ambulance Service said: “We were called 9.10am to Hackney Wick station to reports of someone on the track.
“We sent an ambulance crew, which arrived in eight minutes, our hazardous area response team, duty station office and London’s Air Ambulance.
“We treated a man reported to be in his 20s for a head injury.”
He was taken as a priority to an east London hospital.
London Fire Brigade also attended the scene.
British Transport Police said it was not treating the incident as suspicious.
- 1 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 2 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 3 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 4 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 5 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 6 Hackney council home tenants to see rents increase
- 7 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 8 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 9 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 10 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
UPDATE: There is now good service between Stratford and Canonbury.