Man wanted over sex act on Overground train from Islington to Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Transport police hunting a passenger caught masturbating on the Overground want to speak to this man.
A man was seen touching himself inappropriately on the train between Highbury and Islington and Dalston Junction at 6.30pm on August 10.
British Transport Police (BTP) believe this man may also have information about a similar incident the previous day on the Central Line between Leyton and Newbury Park.
A man believed to be in his late 20s to early 30s was seen masturbating while whispering to a woman on the train before another man intervened.
Investigating officer PC George James, said: “We simply will not tolerate behaviour such as this and we are working hard to find the person responsible.
“I am confident members of the public will recognise this man, and I would urge you to contact us as I believe he has essential information that will help us.
“We take all reports of this nature very seriously and our recent Report It to Stop It campaign, which aims to combat unwanted sexual behaviour on the railway by encouraging members of the public to report it, is proving very successful in supporting victims and bringing perpetrators of these crimes to justice.”
- 1 Dalston shop fire under investigation
- 2 Guilty: Man lured 2 young girls into garage and sexually abused them
- 3 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 New entrance opens at Hackney Central Overground station
- 5 Patrick Anzy: Three men jailed following Gillett Square murder
- 6 Fundraiser for Cambridge Uni course to tell Hackney people's stories
- 7 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 8 Call to stop weedkiller use at estate
- 9 Boy, 15, charged with attempted murder of woman out riding bike
- 10 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
Anyone with any information is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040 quoting reference 301 of 07/09/2016. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.