Man wanted over sex act on Overground train from Islington to Dalston
- Credit: Archant
Transport police hunting a passenger caught masturbating on the Overground want to speak to this man.
A man was seen touching himself inappropriately on the train between Highbury and Islington and Dalston Junction at 6.30pm on August 10.
British Transport Police (BTP) believe this man may also have information about a similar incident the previous day on the Central Line between Leyton and Newbury Park.
A man believed to be in his late 20s to early 30s was seen masturbating while whispering to a woman on the train before another man intervened.
Investigating officer PC George James, said: “We simply will not tolerate behaviour such as this and we are working hard to find the person responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“I am confident members of the public will recognise this man, and I would urge you to contact us as I believe he has essential information that will help us.
“We take all reports of this nature very seriously and our recent Report It to Stop It campaign, which aims to combat unwanted sexual behaviour on the railway by encouraging members of the public to report it, is proving very successful in supporting victims and bringing perpetrators of these crimes to justice.”
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 7 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Anyone with any information is asked to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040 quoting reference 301 of 07/09/2016. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.