Man who died in Clapton bus accident is named
- Credit: Archant
The man who died in a collision in Clapton in the early hours of yesterday morning has been named.
Delano Moore, 25, of Chingford died when the car he was driving was in collision with a Route N38 bus in Lea Bridge Road with the junction of Essex Wharf at 2.20am.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by the London Ambulance Service.
Another man who was in the Audi A4 was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is described as critical.
Two further men who were in the back of the car and are in their 20s suffered injuries. They are in a serious but stable condition at an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance crews also treated approximately 10 walking wounded who were passengers on the bus. A number of them were taken to hospital by another bus supplied by Transport for London but none of them received serious injuries.
The Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath is investigating. There have been no arrests.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
It is believed that the car was travelling with or closely behind another vehicle on Lea Bridge Road. Police are urging the driver of this second vehicle to contact them as they may be a vital witness in the case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Witness Appeal line on 020 8597 4874 or via 101.