Man who died in Clapton bus accident is named
- Credit: Archant
The man who died in a collision in Clapton in the early hours of yesterday morning has been named.
Delano Moore, 25, of Chingford died when the car he was driving was in collision with a Route N38 bus in Lea Bridge Road with the junction of Essex Wharf at 2.20am.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by the London Ambulance Service.
Another man who was in the Audi A4 was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is described as critical.
Two further men who were in the back of the car and are in their 20s suffered injuries. They are in a serious but stable condition at an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance crews also treated approximately 10 walking wounded who were passengers on the bus. A number of them were taken to hospital by another bus supplied by Transport for London but none of them received serious injuries.
The Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath is investigating. There have been no arrests.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Hackney CEO to retire after 40 years in local government
It is believed that the car was travelling with or closely behind another vehicle on Lea Bridge Road. Police are urging the driver of this second vehicle to contact them as they may be a vital witness in the case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Witness Appeal line on 020 8597 4874 or via 101.