Man who died in Clapton bus accident is named
- Credit: Archant
The man who died in a collision in Clapton in the early hours of yesterday morning has been named.
Delano Moore, 25, of Chingford died when the car he was driving was in collision with a Route N38 bus in Lea Bridge Road with the junction of Essex Wharf at 2.20am.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by the London Ambulance Service.
Another man who was in the Audi A4 was taken to an east London hospital where his condition is described as critical.
Two further men who were in the back of the car and are in their 20s suffered injuries. They are in a serious but stable condition at an east London hospital.
Ambulance crews also treated approximately 10 walking wounded who were passengers on the bus. A number of them were taken to hospital by another bus supplied by Transport for London but none of them received serious injuries.
The Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath is investigating. There have been no arrests.
- 1 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 2 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 3 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 6 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 7 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 8 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
It is believed that the car was travelling with or closely behind another vehicle on Lea Bridge Road. Police are urging the driver of this second vehicle to contact them as they may be a vital witness in the case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Witness Appeal line on 020 8597 4874 or via 101.