Man who keyed £100,000 Aston Martin while pushing pram spared jail
- Credit: Archant
A man who keyed a £100,000 Aston Martin has been given a suspended sentence.
Gary Brissett, 48, caused £9,000 of damage when he scraped his keys down the car in June this year.
The incident was caught on the owner’s dash cam while the car was parked in a supermarket car park in Morning Lane.
Brissett was given an eight-week sentence suspended for 12 months and ordered to wear an electronic tag each night between 9pm and 7am. The tag must be worn until 13 December.
Brissett pleaded guilty at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (September 15) to one count of criminal damage to the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, which was classed as property worth more than £5,000.
You may also want to watch:
The car’s owner said he did not wish to see Brissett imprisoned.
He was ordered to pay a total of £1,095 in different charges, including £750 compensation to the victim.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington