Man who keyed £100,000 Aston Martin while pushing pram spared jail
- Credit: Archant
A man who keyed a £100,000 Aston Martin has been given a suspended sentence.
Gary Brissett, 48, caused £9,000 of damage when he scraped his keys down the car in June this year.
The incident was caught on the owner’s dash cam while the car was parked in a supermarket car park in Morning Lane.
Brissett was given an eight-week sentence suspended for 12 months and ordered to wear an electronic tag each night between 9pm and 7am. The tag must be worn until 13 December.
Brissett pleaded guilty at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday (September 15) to one count of criminal damage to the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, which was classed as property worth more than £5,000.
You may also want to watch:
The car’s owner said he did not wish to see Brissett imprisoned.
He was ordered to pay a total of £1,095 in different charges, including £750 compensation to the victim.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12