Manchester City prove too strong for Tottenham Hotspur in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: Tottenham Hotspur 0 Manchester City 3
Tottenham Hotspur’s time in America ended on a disappointing note, as Manchester City ran out 3-0 winners in Nashville at the weekend.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side were looking to bounce back after a 3-2 loss to A.S. Roma during the week.
But City proved too strong with Pep Guardiola’s team earning a comprehensive 3-0 victory in the International Champions Cup.
John Stones opened the scoring after 10 minutes, heading past Hugo Lloris following a Kevin De Bruyne cross.
You may also want to watch:
Raheem Sterling added a second in the 73rd minute before Brahim Diaz made it 3-0 in stoppage time.
It was a frustrating way for Spurs to end their tour to the States, although would have given Pochettino plenty of food for thought.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
With the Premier League campaign starting in less than two weeks, Tottenham know they have work to do.
Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris (Vorm 46); Trippier (Walker-Peters 79), Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen (Wimmer 71), Davies; Dembele (Nkoudou 55), Winks (Oakley-Boothe 71); Eriksen, Alli (Janssen 71), Kane.