Manchester City prove too strong for Tottenham Hotspur in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: Tottenham Hotspur 0 Manchester City 3
Tottenham Hotspur’s time in America ended on a disappointing note, as Manchester City ran out 3-0 winners in Nashville at the weekend.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side were looking to bounce back after a 3-2 loss to A.S. Roma during the week.
But City proved too strong with Pep Guardiola’s team earning a comprehensive 3-0 victory in the International Champions Cup.
John Stones opened the scoring after 10 minutes, heading past Hugo Lloris following a Kevin De Bruyne cross.
You may also want to watch:
Raheem Sterling added a second in the 73rd minute before Brahim Diaz made it 3-0 in stoppage time.
It was a frustrating way for Spurs to end their tour to the States, although would have given Pochettino plenty of food for thought.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 7 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 8 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
With the Premier League campaign starting in less than two weeks, Tottenham know they have work to do.
Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris (Vorm 46); Trippier (Walker-Peters 79), Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen (Wimmer 71), Davies; Dembele (Nkoudou 55), Winks (Oakley-Boothe 71); Eriksen, Alli (Janssen 71), Kane.