Manchester City prove too strong for Tottenham Hotspur in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: Tottenham Hotspur 0 Manchester City 3
Tottenham Hotspur’s time in America ended on a disappointing note, as Manchester City ran out 3-0 winners in Nashville at the weekend.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side were looking to bounce back after a 3-2 loss to A.S. Roma during the week.
But City proved too strong with Pep Guardiola’s team earning a comprehensive 3-0 victory in the International Champions Cup.
John Stones opened the scoring after 10 minutes, heading past Hugo Lloris following a Kevin De Bruyne cross.
Raheem Sterling added a second in the 73rd minute before Brahim Diaz made it 3-0 in stoppage time.
It was a frustrating way for Spurs to end their tour to the States, although would have given Pochettino plenty of food for thought.
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 5 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 6 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 7 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 8 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 9 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
With the Premier League campaign starting in less than two weeks, Tottenham know they have work to do.
Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris (Vorm 46); Trippier (Walker-Peters 79), Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen (Wimmer 71), Davies; Dembele (Nkoudou 55), Winks (Oakley-Boothe 71); Eriksen, Alli (Janssen 71), Kane.