Manchester City prove too strong for Tottenham Hotspur in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: Tottenham Hotspur 0 Manchester City 3
Tottenham Hotspur’s time in America ended on a disappointing note, as Manchester City ran out 3-0 winners in Nashville at the weekend.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side were looking to bounce back after a 3-2 loss to A.S. Roma during the week.
But City proved too strong with Pep Guardiola’s team earning a comprehensive 3-0 victory in the International Champions Cup.
John Stones opened the scoring after 10 minutes, heading past Hugo Lloris following a Kevin De Bruyne cross.
Raheem Sterling added a second in the 73rd minute before Brahim Diaz made it 3-0 in stoppage time.
It was a frustrating way for Spurs to end their tour to the States, although would have given Pochettino plenty of food for thought.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 4 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 5 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 10 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
With the Premier League campaign starting in less than two weeks, Tottenham know they have work to do.
Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris (Vorm 46); Trippier (Walker-Peters 79), Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen (Wimmer 71), Davies; Dembele (Nkoudou 55), Winks (Oakley-Boothe 71); Eriksen, Alli (Janssen 71), Kane.