Manchester City prove too strong for Tottenham Hotspur in International Champions Cup
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Pre-season friendly: Tottenham Hotspur 0 Manchester City 3
Tottenham Hotspur’s time in America ended on a disappointing note, as Manchester City ran out 3-0 winners in Nashville at the weekend.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side were looking to bounce back after a 3-2 loss to A.S. Roma during the week.
But City proved too strong with Pep Guardiola’s team earning a comprehensive 3-0 victory in the International Champions Cup.
John Stones opened the scoring after 10 minutes, heading past Hugo Lloris following a Kevin De Bruyne cross.
You may also want to watch:
Raheem Sterling added a second in the 73rd minute before Brahim Diaz made it 3-0 in stoppage time.
It was a frustrating way for Spurs to end their tour to the States, although would have given Pochettino plenty of food for thought.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
With the Premier League campaign starting in less than two weeks, Tottenham know they have work to do.
Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris (Vorm 46); Trippier (Walker-Peters 79), Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen (Wimmer 71), Davies; Dembele (Nkoudou 55), Winks (Oakley-Boothe 71); Eriksen, Alli (Janssen 71), Kane.