Three-sy does it for Spurs in stunning away win at Old Trafford
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Premier League: Manchester United 0 Tottenham Hotspur 3
Manchester United are nursing the wounds of another humiliating loss after Tottenham Hotspur condemned Jose Mourinho to his biggest ever home defeat as a manager.
United were in desperate need of a response following a shock defeat at Brighton & Hove Albion that led to heightened scrutiny on the manager, key players and background operations.
Mourinho looked to have got the desired response from his players, only for United to unravel in the second half as Harry Kane’s header was complemented by Lucas Moura’s brace as Tottenham ran out 3-0 victors.
“You’re getting sacked in the morning” chanted the visiting fans after Spurs piled the pressure on the Portuguese and ended their run of four successive Old Trafford defeats.
You may also want to watch:
While Mauricio Pochettino’s men enjoy a 100 per cent start to the campaign, this is just the second season in Premier League history that United have lost more than one of their opening three matches - a result few could have imagined during the hosts’ bright start.
Romelu Lukaku should have scored in a first half in which Phil Jones was fortunate not to give away a penalty for a foul on Moura, but the Brazilian would have the last laugh.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Kane’s headed opener was followed up by Moura striking home 133 seconds later, setting up a victory that the Brazilian added gloss to as the clock wound down to ratchet up the pressure on United.