Mourinho bemused by United’s home loss to Spurs
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Red Devils boss reflected on the 3-0 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur
Jose Mourinho was dumbfounded after watching Manchester United lose 3-0 at home to Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League.
After a goalless first half, Spurs took the lead in the 50th minute when Harry Kane headed Kieran Trippier’s corner past David De Gea.
Lucas Moura quickly made it 2-0 less than 120 seconds later before he added a third for the Lilywhites late on at Old Trafford.
Mourinho, when speaking to Sky Sports, expressed his disappointment at the final result, he said: “We worked very well during the week, we prepared well, we played well, the players had a fantastic attitude.
You may also want to watch:
“At half-time the result should be 2-0, 3-1, 3-0, but then something changed the game a bit and the result was 2-0 but the team was in the game.
“I think everyone felt one goal could change the direction of game, Tottenham felt it, we did too, but then the third goal changed the game. If anyone watched this game one thing they will know for sure, the team is united.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
“A team doesn’t fight like they fought if they are not united. I think it’s time to stop with the untruths.
“A team that fights the way they did with the solidarity between the players, the dignity to play together for Manchester United and lose at home, of course it’s a very difficult thing for anyone.
“I think one thing is clear, the team are united. There is no union without the manager.”