Manor House: Armed police swarm Seven Sisters Road hunting man who threatened to shoot officers
- Credit: Archant
Armed police tonight swarmed Manor House in search of a man who threatened to shoot officers.
The incident sparked a car chase through the streets, ending in a crash in Seven Sisters Road – but the man inside ran off before he could be arrested.
Photographs taken at the scene showed a smashed car facing the wrong way against the traffic after being boxed in by police.
And neighbours spoke of seeing armed units pour into the streets in the aftermath.
The drama unfolded at about 8.30pm when cops on patrol spotted a “suspect”-looking vehicle in Portland Rise. As they drove up, the passengers ran off.
You may also want to watch:
The driver then pointed “what is believed to be a handgun” at the officers before speeding away. Police chased him to Seven Sisters Road, where they trapped the vehicle against a row of parked cars – but the driver managed to get out and run off. He has not been tracked down, but a “suspected firearm” was found inside the car.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction