Marcel Addai murder trial: Alleged killers linked to three cars at scene

Marcel Addai. Picture: Metropolitan Police

Marcel Addai. Picture: Metropolitan Police - Credit: Archant

Suspected gang members accused of murdering a Hoxton teenager have been linked to three cars spotted near the scene of his death, a court has heard.

The alleged killers of Marcel Addai, 18, were spotted together on the night he was fatally stabbed.

They also exchanged numerous phone calls later on the night, it was said.

Two were later seen fleeing from a bed and breakfast where investigating officers were making enquiries.

On September 4 last year, Mr Addai, a member of the Hoxton boys gang, was cornered in the St John’s Estate in Pitfield Street, Hoxton, near his home in Wenlock House, Evelyn Walk.

He suffered 12 stab wounds in the attack, linked by prosecutors to a bitter rivalry with the Fellows Court Gang.

Seven defendants, all said to be linked to the Fellows Court Gang, deny murder.

Most Read

They are Sodiq Adebayo, 23, of De Vere Gardens, Ilford; Akeem Gbadamosi, 22, of Detmold Road, Clapton; Eugene Ocran, 19, of Fermain Court West, De Beauvoir Road, Haggerston; Momar Faye, 18, of no fixed address; David Oladimeji, 21, of Axon Place, Ilford; Sheku Jalloh, 23, of Crondall Court, St John’s Estate; and Rikell Rogers, 22, of Goldney Road, Maida Vale.

At the Old Bailey on Tuesday, prosecutor Jonathan Polnay told the court three cars, a BMW, Mercedes and Vauxhall, seen parking near the scene and later driving off together, were linked to the accused. The BMW, belonging to Ocran, was spotted on CCTV later that night dropping off Jalloh in Manor House and Adebayo and Rogers were seen leaving the Mercedes. Gbadamosi was seen driving the Vauxhall.

Phone records from the night of Mr Addai’s death also revealed calls between Adebayo, Gbadamosi, Ocran, Oladimeji and Rogers.

Jalloh and Olademiji were seen fleeing from a bed and breakfast hotel in Leyton 11 days after the attack, just as police officers were making enquiries there.

Last week prosectuor Mark Haywood said neighbours had heard the words “I’m gonna f*** you up, bruv” at about 10pm on the night Mr Addai was killed, shortly after the three cars parked up. The trial continues.

Follow the trial at the Gazette website.