Mare Street crash: Cyclist, 20, expected to recover
- Credit: Archant
A young cyclist who was fighting for her life after a crash in Mare Street early on Saturday morning is expected to recover, police have said.
The 20-year-old was cycling near the junction with Amhurst Road when her bike collided with a car.
She was rushed to hospital by medics with head injuries said to be life threatening. But this morning Scotland Yard said her condition had improved and her injuries are no longer thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Police were called just after 4.20am and Mare Street was closed for two hours between Amhurst Road and Graham Road.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene. They were not arrested and are assisting police with their enquires.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift