Mare Street crash: Cyclist, 20, expected to recover
- Credit: Archant
A young cyclist who was fighting for her life after a crash in Mare Street early on Saturday morning is expected to recover, police have said.
The 20-year-old was cycling near the junction with Amhurst Road when her bike collided with a car.
She was rushed to hospital by medics with head injuries said to be life threatening. But this morning Scotland Yard said her condition had improved and her injuries are no longer thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Police were called just after 4.20am and Mare Street was closed for two hours between Amhurst Road and Graham Road.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene. They were not arrested and are assisting police with their enquires.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images