Mare Street crash: Cyclist, 20, expected to recover
- Credit: Archant
A young cyclist who was fighting for her life after a crash in Mare Street early on Saturday morning is expected to recover, police have said.
The 20-year-old was cycling near the junction with Amhurst Road when her bike collided with a car.
She was rushed to hospital by medics with head injuries said to be life threatening. But this morning Scotland Yard said her condition had improved and her injuries are no longer thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Police were called just after 4.20am and Mare Street was closed for two hours between Amhurst Road and Graham Road.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene. They were not arrested and are assisting police with their enquires.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting