Mare Street crash: Cyclist, 20, fighting for her life
- Credit: Archant
A young woman is fighting for her life after a crash in Mare Street early this morning.
The 20-year-old was cycling near the junction with Amhurst Road when her bike collided with a car.
She was rushed to hospital with head injuries by medics. Scotland Yard said her injuries are thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Police were called just after 4.20am and closed Mare Street for two hours between Amhurst Road and Graham Road.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene. They were not arrested and are assisting police with their enquires.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill