Mare Street crash: Cyclist, 20, fighting for her life
- Credit: Archant
A young woman is fighting for her life after a crash in Mare Street early this morning.
The 20-year-old was cycling near the junction with Amhurst Road when her bike collided with a car.
She was rushed to hospital with head injuries by medics. Scotland Yard said her injuries are thought to be life threatening or life changing.
Police were called just after 4.20am and closed Mare Street for two hours between Amhurst Road and Graham Road.
The driver of the car stopped at the scene. They were not arrested and are assisting police with their enquires.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school