Mark Duggan’s aunt to discuss riots at Dalston’s Rio
Mark Duggan’s aunt will join in a discussion about whether riots are inevitable under capitalism, following a screening in Dalston of a film about the riots which his death sparked two years ago.
The shooting of Mr Duggan by police in August 2011 sparked in many parts of London including Hackney, and the circumstances leading to his death are now being investigated in an inquest.
The Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition is screening the film Riot From Wrong as part of its campaign to challenging the three main political parties.
It believes they all advocate policies which make the poor pay for an economic crisis they did not create, and that this was the primary cause of the riots.
The film screening takes place at 1.30pm this Saturday (November 9) in the Rio Cinema in Kingsland High Street, Dalston.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Duggan will join in the post-film discussion at 3pm, along with Suzanne Beishon from Youth Fight For Jobs campaign organisation, Dilan Selgin from the Daymer Youth and youth worker Dean Ryan.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate