Mark Duggan’s aunt to discuss riots at Dalston’s Rio
Mark Duggan’s aunt will join in a discussion about whether riots are inevitable under capitalism, following a screening in Dalston of a film about the riots which his death sparked two years ago.
The shooting of Mr Duggan by police in August 2011 sparked in many parts of London including Hackney, and the circumstances leading to his death are now being investigated in an inquest.
The Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition is screening the film Riot From Wrong as part of its campaign to challenging the three main political parties.
It believes they all advocate policies which make the poor pay for an economic crisis they did not create, and that this was the primary cause of the riots.
The film screening takes place at 1.30pm this Saturday (November 9) in the Rio Cinema in Kingsland High Street, Dalston.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Duggan will join in the post-film discussion at 3pm, along with Suzanne Beishon from Youth Fight For Jobs campaign organisation, Dilan Selgin from the Daymer Youth and youth worker Dean Ryan.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12