Waterlogged pitch prevents Spurs Ladies from ending great week in style
- Credit: Archant
After victories at Yeovil Town and Leicester City, Karen Hills’ team were out to earn more success against Sheffield United
Tottenham Hotspur Ladies were denied the chance to finish a fantastic week with a win after the wet weather saw their home fixture with Sheffield United Women in the FA Women’s Championship on Sunday postponed.
Karen Hills’ team headed into the contest eyeing a fourth consecutive win, but heavy rain saw the match called off.
Spurs announced early on the morning of the match a pitch inspection would take place and an hour later, at 10.16, they confirmed Cheshunt FC’s Theobalds Lane pitch was unplayable.
A statement read: “Following a pitch inspection, our FA Women’s Championship game against Sheffield United Women has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“Tickets purchased for this fixture will be validated for the rescheduled game. We apologise for any inconvenience.
“Details of our rescheduled fixture against Sheffield United Women will follow in due course.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
After winning 4-0 at Yeovil Town Ladies on September 16 in the Continental Tyres Cup Group One South, Spurs followed it up with a 3-0 league win at Leicester City Ladies on September 19.
But they were prevented from securing more success on Sunday by the poor weather across the south east of England.