Waterlogged pitch prevents Spurs Ladies from ending great week in style
- Credit: Archant
After victories at Yeovil Town and Leicester City, Karen Hills’ team were out to earn more success against Sheffield United
Tottenham Hotspur Ladies were denied the chance to finish a fantastic week with a win after the wet weather saw their home fixture with Sheffield United Women in the FA Women’s Championship on Sunday postponed.
Karen Hills’ team headed into the contest eyeing a fourth consecutive win, but heavy rain saw the match called off.
Spurs announced early on the morning of the match a pitch inspection would take place and an hour later, at 10.16, they confirmed Cheshunt FC’s Theobalds Lane pitch was unplayable.
A statement read: “Following a pitch inspection, our FA Women’s Championship game against Sheffield United Women has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“Tickets purchased for this fixture will be validated for the rescheduled game. We apologise for any inconvenience.
“Details of our rescheduled fixture against Sheffield United Women will follow in due course.”
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
After winning 4-0 at Yeovil Town Ladies on September 16 in the Continental Tyres Cup Group One South, Spurs followed it up with a 3-0 league win at Leicester City Ladies on September 19.
But they were prevented from securing more success on Sunday by the poor weather across the south east of England.