Spurs hit back to stun Ajax and book Champions League final against Liverpool
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Champions League semi-final second leg: Ajax 2 Tottenham Hotspur 3 (3-3 on aggregate and Spurs progress on away goals)
Tottenham Hotspur replicated Liverpool's Champions League miracle as Lucas Moura's dramatic second-half hat-trick secured a stunning 3-2 win over Ajax which sets up an all-English final.
Spurs were dead and buried at half-time in the second leg at the Johan Cryuff Arena as they trailed the Amsterdam outfit 2-0 on the night and 3-0 on aggregate after goals from Matthijs De Ligt and Hakim Ziyech.
However, a miraculous comeback, spearheaded by Moura, was completed deep into added time when the Brazilian slotted home a loose ball to spark amazing scenes in Amsterdam.
It continues the remarkable progress for Spurs under boss Mauricio Pochettino, who has led the club further in Europe than any other.
You may also want to watch:
Jurgen Klopp's men may have thought their name was on the trophy after the manner of their comeback against Barcelona, but Spurs will have other ideas and it promises to be a brilliant spectacle in Madrid on June 1.
For Ajax, a brilliant run in this competition, where they beat Real Madrid and Juventus in previous rounds, ended in the most heartbreaking of ways and with their side set to be picked apart in the summer, they are unlikely to have a better chance of winning European football's premier club competition than this.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12