Mauricio Pochettino gets his man, as Tottenham Hotspur announce Juan Foyth signing
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
19-year-old centre back agrees five-year deal with Spurs after leaving Estudiantes
Argentine defender Juan Foyth has finally completed his expected transfer to Tottenham Hotspur from Estudiantes.
The 19-year-old has been linked with Spurs all summer and the club announced his arrival this afternoon.
Foyth, an under-20 Argentina international, was linked with both Tottenham and Paris-Saint Germain in July and at one stage it seemed like Mauricio Pochettino would miss out on the centre back.
But the boss has now got his man and the defender has signed a contract until June 2022 with the Premier League club.
With Kevin Wimmer moving to Stoke City on Tuesday, Foyth is likely to be the fourth choice centre back, especially as Cameron Carter-Vickers recently moved to Sheffield United on loan.
Tottenham are expected to do more business before the transfer window shuts at 11pm tomorrow (Thursday).
- 1 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 4 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 5 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 8 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 9 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
Right-back Serge Aurier is close to a move in a deal likely to be worth around £23 million and Spurs are still actively pursuing an attacking midfielder to round off their summer business.