Mauricio Pochettino gets his man, as Tottenham Hotspur announce Juan Foyth signing
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
19-year-old centre back agrees five-year deal with Spurs after leaving Estudiantes
Argentine defender Juan Foyth has finally completed his expected transfer to Tottenham Hotspur from Estudiantes.
The 19-year-old has been linked with Spurs all summer and the club announced his arrival this afternoon.
Foyth, an under-20 Argentina international, was linked with both Tottenham and Paris-Saint Germain in July and at one stage it seemed like Mauricio Pochettino would miss out on the centre back.
But the boss has now got his man and the defender has signed a contract until June 2022 with the Premier League club.
You may also want to watch:
With Kevin Wimmer moving to Stoke City on Tuesday, Foyth is likely to be the fourth choice centre back, especially as Cameron Carter-Vickers recently moved to Sheffield United on loan.
Tottenham are expected to do more business before the transfer window shuts at 11pm tomorrow (Thursday).
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
Right-back Serge Aurier is close to a move in a deal likely to be worth around £23 million and Spurs are still actively pursuing an attacking midfielder to round off their summer business.