Mauricio Pochettino gets his man, as Tottenham Hotspur announce Juan Foyth signing
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
19-year-old centre back agrees five-year deal with Spurs after leaving Estudiantes
Argentine defender Juan Foyth has finally completed his expected transfer to Tottenham Hotspur from Estudiantes.
The 19-year-old has been linked with Spurs all summer and the club announced his arrival this afternoon.
Foyth, an under-20 Argentina international, was linked with both Tottenham and Paris-Saint Germain in July and at one stage it seemed like Mauricio Pochettino would miss out on the centre back.
But the boss has now got his man and the defender has signed a contract until June 2022 with the Premier League club.
You may also want to watch:
With Kevin Wimmer moving to Stoke City on Tuesday, Foyth is likely to be the fourth choice centre back, especially as Cameron Carter-Vickers recently moved to Sheffield United on loan.
Tottenham are expected to do more business before the transfer window shuts at 11pm tomorrow (Thursday).
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
Right-back Serge Aurier is close to a move in a deal likely to be worth around £23 million and Spurs are still actively pursuing an attacking midfielder to round off their summer business.