Tottenham hope to move into new stadium ‘before Christmas’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino has provided a positive update on when Spurs will return to N17
Mauricio Pochettino is confident Tottenham Hotspur will have moved into their new stadium before the end of the year.
Spurs were supposed to have been playing in the 62,062-seater arena from the middle of this month but failures to “critical safety systems” meant their move date was delayed and they have yet to announce a new one.
They have a Premier League fixture against Manchester City booked in at Wembley on October 29 while they will also play all three of their Champions League home group games at the national stadium.
The club also opted to play its League Cup third-round game against Watford 50 miles up the M1 in Milton Keynes today (Wednesday).
You may also want to watch:
Work is still going on at the site of their Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and Pochettino is hoping for an early Christmas present after recently discussing the topic with chairman Daniel Levy.
“I am confident. This year. I am confident this year,” Pochettino said. “I had some private conversation with Daniel. I think they are confident. They are working hard to try to find the solution.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
“I hope before the year, before Christmas, we can play. That’s my wish. We have conversations every day. He (Levy) called me before training and on Monday we took a coffee here at the restaurant.
“Sometimes he tells me, sometimes he opens the conversation about the stadium, sometimes I open the conversation and say, ‘Daniel, how is the stadium?’ and sometimes it’s tough to explain.
“But yes we hope and we heard before, I am very confident before the end of the year. I hope that after that comment Daniel doesn’t kill me! ‘Why you put this expectation on me?’ He’s going to kill me.”