Tottenham hope to move into new stadium ‘before Christmas’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino has provided a positive update on when Spurs will return to N17
Mauricio Pochettino is confident Tottenham Hotspur will have moved into their new stadium before the end of the year.
Spurs were supposed to have been playing in the 62,062-seater arena from the middle of this month but failures to “critical safety systems” meant their move date was delayed and they have yet to announce a new one.
They have a Premier League fixture against Manchester City booked in at Wembley on October 29 while they will also play all three of their Champions League home group games at the national stadium.
The club also opted to play its League Cup third-round game against Watford 50 miles up the M1 in Milton Keynes today (Wednesday).
You may also want to watch:
Work is still going on at the site of their Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and Pochettino is hoping for an early Christmas present after recently discussing the topic with chairman Daniel Levy.
“I am confident. This year. I am confident this year,” Pochettino said. “I had some private conversation with Daniel. I think they are confident. They are working hard to try to find the solution.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing
“I hope before the year, before Christmas, we can play. That’s my wish. We have conversations every day. He (Levy) called me before training and on Monday we took a coffee here at the restaurant.
“Sometimes he tells me, sometimes he opens the conversation about the stadium, sometimes I open the conversation and say, ‘Daniel, how is the stadium?’ and sometimes it’s tough to explain.
“But yes we hope and we heard before, I am very confident before the end of the year. I hope that after that comment Daniel doesn’t kill me! ‘Why you put this expectation on me?’ He’s going to kill me.”