Mayor Pipe urging big push for Hackney Olympic jobs
Mayor of Hackney Jules Pipe has called on residents to take full advantage of Olympic job opportunities as recruitment deadlines draw closer.
Nearly 500 Hackney residents have already been offered jobs associated with the Games, but there are still many more jobs available.
Thousands of jobs are available across catering, retail, hospitality, cleaning and other sectors but the opportunity to apply for the majority will close by the end of March.
Mr Pipe, wants as many local people as possible take the chance to play their part, benefit financially and experience first hand what will be the “most spectacular event in the borough’s history.”
“These Games-time opportunities are also a great way to get experience and increase the chances of securing full time employment – our real ambition for the economic legacy of the Games,” he added.
Employment advisers will be on hand every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at the Springboard Centre in Lower Clapton Road to provide support with the electronic application process.
For the latest news about London 2012 job opportunities and direct links to contractors and employers call ‘On Site’ on 020 7275 7843 or visit Job Centre Plus.
- 1 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 5 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 6 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 7 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 8 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
- 9 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 10 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
Vacancies are also available at www.hackney.gov.uk/2012-jobs-recruiting-now