Mayor Pipe urging big push for Hackney Olympic jobs
Mayor of Hackney Jules Pipe has called on residents to take full advantage of Olympic job opportunities as recruitment deadlines draw closer.
Nearly 500 Hackney residents have already been offered jobs associated with the Games, but there are still many more jobs available.
Thousands of jobs are available across catering, retail, hospitality, cleaning and other sectors but the opportunity to apply for the majority will close by the end of March.
Mr Pipe, wants as many local people as possible take the chance to play their part, benefit financially and experience first hand what will be the “most spectacular event in the borough’s history.”
“These Games-time opportunities are also a great way to get experience and increase the chances of securing full time employment – our real ambition for the economic legacy of the Games,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Employment advisers will be on hand every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at the Springboard Centre in Lower Clapton Road to provide support with the electronic application process.
For the latest news about London 2012 job opportunities and direct links to contractors and employers call ‘On Site’ on 020 7275 7843 or visit Job Centre Plus.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
Vacancies are also available at www.hackney.gov.uk/2012-jobs-recruiting-now