Mayor Pipe urging big push for Hackney Olympic jobs
Mayor of Hackney Jules Pipe has called on residents to take full advantage of Olympic job opportunities as recruitment deadlines draw closer.
Nearly 500 Hackney residents have already been offered jobs associated with the Games, but there are still many more jobs available.
Thousands of jobs are available across catering, retail, hospitality, cleaning and other sectors but the opportunity to apply for the majority will close by the end of March.
Mr Pipe, wants as many local people as possible take the chance to play their part, benefit financially and experience first hand what will be the “most spectacular event in the borough’s history.”
“These Games-time opportunities are also a great way to get experience and increase the chances of securing full time employment – our real ambition for the economic legacy of the Games,” he added.
Employment advisers will be on hand every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at the Springboard Centre in Lower Clapton Road to provide support with the electronic application process.
For the latest news about London 2012 job opportunities and direct links to contractors and employers call ‘On Site’ on 020 7275 7843 or visit Job Centre Plus.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
Vacancies are also available at www.hackney.gov.uk/2012-jobs-recruiting-now