Meet The Adebanjos star comes to Hackney school for Black History Month
TV actor Ade Omideyi caused quite a stir at Cardinal Pole school last week, when he made a surprise entrance into assembly.
The star of Meet The Adebanjos - a family show depicting a family of Nigerian parents and British children living in Peckham – made the visit to mark Black History Month at the school in Morning Lane.
He was joined by actor and comedian Tolu Ogunfem, known as T-Boy.
“We wanted to celebrate the achievements of black professionals and inspire the students, so the students know that they can achieve in any field irrespective of race, gender or borough in which they currently live,” said special needs teacher Uloma Edomobi, who organised the event.
“The school saw pandemonium take over as Ade walked around the building greeting several classes,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Another special guest included MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, Diane Abbott, who gave a speech about her childhood and successful political career.
Young Black professionals from the business, law, banking and medical research worlds also spoke to year 10 and year 12 students, offering career advice and speaking about their individual firms.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web