Meet The Adebanjos star comes to Hackney school for Black History Month
TV actor Ade Omideyi caused quite a stir at Cardinal Pole school last week, when he made a surprise entrance into assembly.
The star of Meet The Adebanjos - a family show depicting a family of Nigerian parents and British children living in Peckham – made the visit to mark Black History Month at the school in Morning Lane.
He was joined by actor and comedian Tolu Ogunfem, known as T-Boy.
“We wanted to celebrate the achievements of black professionals and inspire the students, so the students know that they can achieve in any field irrespective of race, gender or borough in which they currently live,” said special needs teacher Uloma Edomobi, who organised the event.
“The school saw pandemonium take over as Ade walked around the building greeting several classes,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
Another special guest included MP for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, Diane Abbott, who gave a speech about her childhood and successful political career.
Young Black professionals from the business, law, banking and medical research worlds also spoke to year 10 and year 12 students, offering career advice and speaking about their individual firms.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta