Men wanted for Shoreditch football and single women bonanza
Men too scared to take on challenge
THE promise of football, drinks and single women would have most men foaming at the mouth but one Shoreditch bar is having trouble finding any at all.
Bar Kick in Shoreditch High Street runs a monthly singles night where all talk of jobs and age is banned in favour of a few cocktails and a game of table football.
‘A Game of 2 Halves’ is speed dating with a difference and has so far proved a hit with the ladies but no so with men.
Stephanie Ware, events manager, Bar Kick, said: “We are having real trouble finding gentlemen to come along and it is very strange.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very popular with the ladies but we make things totally even so we need the same number of men and they are just not coming.
“I’m not sure whether they are afraid they may lose at the table football or if it’s hard for men to admit they are single.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
The next event takes place at the bar on Monday February 21 and pre-registration is essential.
Tickets cost �15 which includes cocktail and entertainment.