Men wanted for Shoreditch football and single women bonanza
Men too scared to take on challenge
THE promise of football, drinks and single women would have most men foaming at the mouth but one Shoreditch bar is having trouble finding any at all.
Bar Kick in Shoreditch High Street runs a monthly singles night where all talk of jobs and age is banned in favour of a few cocktails and a game of table football.
‘A Game of 2 Halves’ is speed dating with a difference and has so far proved a hit with the ladies but no so with men.
Stephanie Ware, events manager, Bar Kick, said: “We are having real trouble finding gentlemen to come along and it is very strange.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very popular with the ladies but we make things totally even so we need the same number of men and they are just not coming.
“I’m not sure whether they are afraid they may lose at the table football or if it’s hard for men to admit they are single.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
The next event takes place at the bar on Monday February 21 and pre-registration is essential.
Tickets cost �15 which includes cocktail and entertainment.