Men wanted for Shoreditch football and single women bonanza
Men too scared to take on challenge
THE promise of football, drinks and single women would have most men foaming at the mouth but one Shoreditch bar is having trouble finding any at all.
Bar Kick in Shoreditch High Street runs a monthly singles night where all talk of jobs and age is banned in favour of a few cocktails and a game of table football.
‘A Game of 2 Halves’ is speed dating with a difference and has so far proved a hit with the ladies but no so with men.
Stephanie Ware, events manager, Bar Kick, said: “We are having real trouble finding gentlemen to come along and it is very strange.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very popular with the ladies but we make things totally even so we need the same number of men and they are just not coming.
“I’m not sure whether they are afraid they may lose at the table football or if it’s hard for men to admit they are single.”
- 1 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 2 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 3 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 4 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 5 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 6 Trick or Eat returns to help Hackney Foodbank
- 7 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 8 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
The next event takes place at the bar on Monday February 21 and pre-registration is essential.
Tickets cost �15 which includes cocktail and entertainment.