Vorm joins sponsored walk at Highgate Junior School
- Credit: Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty I
The Tottenham Hotspur stopper continued the club’s support of Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice
Spurs goalkeeper Michel Vorm recently visited Highgate Junior School to take part in a sponsored walk in aid of Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice, the club’s official charity partner.
He joined Year Three and Four pupils as they completed a one mile walk around the school grounds before helping to paint a mural for The Ark – a new hospice building which will support children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
Since the beginning of Tottenham Hotspur’s partnership with Noah’s Ark, the club has been raising awareness of its work and first-team players have given an hour’s wages to help build The Ark.
Vorm said: “It’s been a real pleasure taking time out of my day to come and visit the children at Highgate School and help them with their fundraising efforts.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish them the best of luck with the rest of their charity week and hope that they raise lots of money for Noah’s Ark – a great cause that is close to all of our hearts at the club.”
Priya Singh, Head of Community Engagement at Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice, added: “It’s been amazing to see students come together to celebrate the work of Noah’s Ark and raise lots of money in the process. We can’t thank everyone enough for their support.”
To find out more about Noah’s Ark please visit https://www.noahsarkhospice.org.uk/
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens