Vorm departs Spurs; County teen Etete signs up
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the exit of several players and also revealed a new addition
Goalkeeper Michel Vorm has left Spurs following the conclusion of his contract after five years at the club.
The 35-year-old was always expected to exit Tottenham Hotspur this summer and the Premier League outfit confirmed the news this afternoon.
An official club statement read: "Michel, 35, joined us from Swansea City in July, 2014, and went on to make 47 appearances in all competitions.
"The Dutch international goalkeeper, capped 15 times for his country, proved to be a valuable member of the squad both on and off the pitch. We wish Michel every success in the future."
You may also want to watch:
Spurs also revealed development squad players Dylan Duncan, Charlie Freeman, Tom Glover, Connor Ogilvie and Jamie Reynolds have moved on.
The likes of Japhet Tanganga and Jack Roles have agreed new terms with Tottenham though, with the former on a deal until 2020 and the latter contracted to the club for another two years.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
Attacker Roles had been linked with other sides, but Spurs have managed to keep him at Hotspur Way and he will now hope to broke into Mauricio Pochettino's squad over the summer.
On top of this, Tottenham have completed the signing of teenager striker Kion Etete from Notts County.
The forward spent time on trial at the club at the beginning of the year and impressed enough to earn a professional deal with Spurs.
Last season at County, he made six appearances in all competitions, with four in League Two.
Etete, 17, will be part of the club's academy set-up for now, but will hope to progress into the Spurs first-team.